Add titles to your Google Books bookshelf in a snap with your Android phone
Adding your books to your virtual bookshelf can be a cumbersome task. Learn how to easily scan a list of books and add them in just a few quick steps.
Google Books has great tools for keeping track of things you've read, are reading, or want to read. However, it can be a cumbersome task to add each book to the virtual bookshelf individually. So instead of spending countless minutes keying in numbers, follow these steps so you can easily scan and add all your books at once:
2. Open the app and press the Scan barcode button to start collecting a list of ISBNs from the books (one list at a time).
3. Once you're finished scanning, press the back button on your phone and email the list of ISBNs to yourself.
4. Retrieve and copy the list from your email.
5. Log in to Google Books and select the bookshelf you'd like to add the books to (or create a new one by pressing the Create new bookshelf button).
6. Click on Options and then Add by ISBN or ISSN.
7. Paste the ISBNs/ISSNs into the empty text field and press Add books.
You will see the books that Google was able to find are added, and any that it couldn't find are listed near the bottom. Now you can spend more time enjoying your books, rather than keying in each ISBN to your online bookshelf.