Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Zimmerman's Defense Being Stonewalled On Discovery

by James Denison / February 7, 2013 11:55 PM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zimmerman's Defense Being Stonewalled On Discovery
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zimmerman's Defense Being Stonewalled On Discovery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can you please explain why this info is relevant?
by JP Bill / February 8, 2013 12:28 AM PST
prosecutors have unlocked a great deal more information from Trayvon Martin's cellphone, including satellite-tracking information that shows where it was in the days leading up to his shooting.

Other than the fact the prosecutors have that information...I won't refer to it as evidence...BECAUSE, What does it have to do with the shooting? I'm open for suggestions.
Collapse -
without seeing the "evidence"
by James Denison / February 8, 2013 4:35 AM PST

how can we know for sure? Anything the prosecution has in the way of evidence, they are supposed to share with the defense. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Collapse -
I don't know how it works in Canada
by TONI H / February 8, 2013 4:37 AM PST

but here in the USA, the prosecution is REQUIRED to turn over all evidence even if it is evidence that shows the defendant could be found not guilty.

Collapse -
RE:but here in the USA,
by JP Bill / February 8, 2013 5:11 AM PST
The state is within "the letter of the law" in the way it's handling the release of cellphone records and information about the young Miami woman, O'Mara wrote

The Prosecution is following the law...Zs lawyer agrees...what's YOUR problem?
Collapse -
(NT) black helicopters
by Roger NC / February 8, 2013 8:25 AM PST
Collapse -
Yep.There's always been more than a hint ofFoil Hat paranoia
by Ziks511 / February 8, 2013 2:51 PM PST
In reply to: black helicopters

here and elsewhere (FoxNoise) about this trial and other issues but this one has the nut brigade out in full force. It's nice to see people lined up on the Latino's side rather than trying to hang him.

And Toni, since you haven't asked. Discovery is part of the trial process here too.

Collapse -
I didn't ask
by TONI H / February 9, 2013 4:53 AM PST

because for the most part, I don't give a crap about your adopted government.

Collapse -
RE: I didn't ask
by JP Bill / February 9, 2013 11:51 AM PST
In reply to: I didn't ask
I don't know how it works in Canada

by TONI H - 2/8/13 12:37 PM
In Reply to: Can you please explain why this info is relevant? by JP Bill
but here in the USA, the prosecution is REQUIRED to turn over all evidence even if it is evidence that shows the defendant could be found not guilty.

NOW you do....You have been enlightened......
Collapse -
No....
by TONI H / February 9, 2013 8:06 PM PST
In reply to: RE: I didn't ask

I have been 'informed' when I didn't ask for information. "Enlightenment" comes when you realize you have 'evolved' in your way of thinking about something.

Collapse -
(NT) I'm waiting to be "informed" which state you reside in.
by JP Bill / February 9, 2013 8:08 PM PST
In reply to: No....
Collapse -
Keep waiting
by TONI H / February 9, 2013 8:30 PM PST

since you can't seem to remember that I have already 'informed' SE a number of times over the years. I'm not here to make your 'job' of stalking my posts easier.

Collapse -
she's mentioned it many times
by James Denison / February 9, 2013 8:52 PM PST

Maybe you could check back on older posts?

Collapse -
That's what I've been doing
by JP Bill / February 9, 2013 9:00 PM PST

I know she was a bit of a camp follower usually Navy bases...so I'm going to stick her in Virginia..I hope she likes it there.

Collapse -
I like Virginia and expecially visiting
by Steven Haninger / February 9, 2013 9:56 PM PST

the Shenandoah Valley and the state's many parks. They're great for their vistas and good hiking. You might give the place a visit sometime. Who knows...you could end up staying.

Collapse -
Skyline drive had great views, and lots of foggy
by Roger NC / February 9, 2013 11:02 PM PST

days to hide them.

Collapse -
Been there, done that.
by Steven Haninger / February 10, 2013 12:18 AM PST

We stayed at the Skyland Lodge on our way to a beach in S.C. one year and woke up to pea soup fog and evidence of bears rifling through the outdoor garbage cans. We've traveled I-81 from Hagerstown, MD. to Johnson City, Tenn. What a gorgeous countryside when you can see it. I can see why so many from Scotland chose to settle there during earlier times.

Collapse -
(NT) They aren't called "Smokey Mountains" for nothing
by James Denison / February 10, 2013 2:00 AM PST
In reply to: Been there, done that.
Collapse -
That lodge is the reason
by TONI H / February 10, 2013 3:46 AM PST

I decided in 1972 to move here......(there ya go, JP)....I woke at 5:30 AM, wrapped in a blanket and sat on the deck overlooking the Shenandoah Valley fog and watched it lift up to the most beautiful sight I had ever seen before that. I'm not in that area, but still in the Blue Ridge Mtns........made the move in 1989 during one of the worst blizzards in history...over four feet. LOL

Collapse -
RE: (there ya go, JP).
by JP Bill / February 10, 2013 4:20 AM PST
Collapse -
You 'pegged' me?
by TONI H / February 10, 2013 5:08 AM PST

You're the only who actually cares........but in case you're interested, I had you pegged years ago here in SE.

Collapse -
RE: You 'pegged' me?
by JP Bill / February 10, 2013 11:10 AM PST

That's right...I did.

I had you pegged years ago here in SE.

Oh yeah...well I had you pegged before it was SE/CNET...Back when it was ZDNet.

Collapse -
Hello Majora
by James Denison / February 10, 2013 12:00 PM PST

Still obsessed with CNET?

Collapse -
RE: Hello Majora
by JP Bill / February 10, 2013 12:54 PM PST

?

Do you see someone some others can't see?

Collapse -
We hit the Skyline Drive in Fort Royal
by Roger NC / February 10, 2013 1:20 AM PST

once, couldn't see much, and seemed to be getting thicker as the morning went on instead of later.

So when we got the exit near Luray Caverns we got off there. Now for a commercially developed cavern that was a fantastic tour. Maybe a little too "improved" for some that want a more natural (rough) cave tour.

The organ made from stalatites there was amazing. The work to tune all those columns had to be painstaking, even if some purists would decry doing such to natural formations.

Collapse -
(NT) I agree re: amazing 'organ'
by TONI H / February 10, 2013 3:47 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.