Headphones & Mp3 Players

General discussion

Zen Vision M - case/skin/jacket

by jtkopp / January 30, 2006 7:43 AM PST

Does anyone know where I can find a case or jacket or skin for my Zen Vision M? And does anyone have any experience with these products. I'd like something to protect from scratches (particularly the screen) and give some level of protection if dropped. I'd also like something that could be attached to an armband. I have found one product from a company in the UK called i-nique. Seems to be what I want, but they don't have the greatest product photos on their website.

http://www.i-nique.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=358

I don't feel real comfortable about paying $25 plus shipping for a product from the UK that I've never gotten a good look at. It has an optional hard screen protector and velcro armband which seem nice.

I also saw a product from MisticAudio on Ebay, but it looked a bit rinky **** to me.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Zen Vision M - case/skin/jacket
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Zen Vision M - case/skin/jacket
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
check these out
by bufu3284 / January 30, 2006 2:32 PM PST
Collapse -
Zen vision m skins
by Cranksberry / February 7, 2006 1:39 PM PST

bought mine at TangoChocolat. not sure if they accept individual orders though 'cos i had to combine orders with a couple of my friends.

http://tangochocolat.com/index.php?cPath=3_113

one thing though - it only includes armband and lanyard but screen protector not provided in package. bought that separately from another site.

Collapse -
Case
by jtkopp / February 8, 2006 2:40 AM PST
In reply to: Zen vision m skins

Cranksberry -
Have you gotten the case yet? What do you think of it? Is it nice, or does it look like someone made it in their basement? What did you do for screen protection?

riseup13 -
Same question

Collapse -
tangochocolat skins
by Cranksberry / February 24, 2006 7:45 AM PST
In reply to: Case

yup. got it. was exactly the same as what they stated on the website. with armband & lanyard. Used it more on a lanyard, rather than armband. the screen protector that i bought from another site wasn't that ideal though.. kept peeling off.. so in the end i took it off. i think the lime green skin is the nicest.. i bought the black one. but my friend had a green player so she got the lime green skin. Very funky.

Collapse -
Great case available from Washington
by riseup13 / February 7, 2006 3:34 PM PST

The company Bowave makes them in 6 colors. US company shipping from Washington.

www.boxwave.com/products/flexskin/flexskin-creative-zen-vision-m_1128.htm

or

www.boxwave.com/products/index.htm
Good Luck

Collapse -
Zen Vision M - case/skin/jacket
by mclemm / February 8, 2006 6:49 AM PST

screen protector not provided in package. bought that separately from another site.

Where did u get the screen protector?

Collapse -
Boxwave
by mcap56 / February 10, 2006 12:41 AM PST

I have the silione soft case from boxwave.com. Works well. I also have the invisible shield on order. These things are delicate and protection is a must (as with any mp3 player).

Collapse -
Invisible shield
by squeaky / February 11, 2006 3:05 AM PST
In reply to: Boxwave

I'm just going to keep mine nice and clean and only have an invisible shield for now. That should do pretty well, won't protect against falls, but not many cases adequately do either.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) go to podplus
by Star_PeterDo / March 4, 2006 3:05 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.