Samsung forum

Question

YP-GS1 Won't reset

by jm123456567 / July 30, 2013 6:53 AM PDT

It has crashed repeatedly, and when trying to do any types of hard reset, data wipe, factory data reset, none have worked as in this forum.

Any ideas or updates or something?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: YP-GS1 Won't reset
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: YP-GS1 Won't reset
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
crashing
by j_byrd96 / July 30, 2013 7:55 AM PDT
In reply to: YP-GS1 Won't reset

Is your phone rooted. are you getting a process android acore error message. It could be a number of things. I dont know want you have done to it. could have a system file deleted. People do that after they root their not realizing what their doing. If you give me more info i can help you. ill watch post.

Collapse -
it's not rooted
by jm123456567 / July 30, 2013 11:17 AM PDT
In reply to: crashing

I would start getting error messages saying "Sorry! xyz app cannot work (xyz.app.blah)" and then a force close button. Once it would happen, a million more would come up from other apps i didn't even open or knew existed, until so many messages that i could do anything and had to take the battery out.

Collapse -
system file corruption
by j_byrd96 / July 30, 2013 1:59 PM PDT
In reply to: it's not rooted

Since your phone is not rooted one of your system files are corrupted. Download odin and reflash your phone. If you can't find the download i have on my laptop at home. ill send it to ya.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.