Samsung

General discussion

youtube app not working on Samsung TV

by raj_pv / December 24, 2010 1:19 PM PST

i am not able to register youtube app on samsung internet TV model LN46C650. error "authentication failed due to network failure. try again later". already talked to samsung support 4-5 times and internet provider support, but no help. tried all possible ways to make it work - reset modem, applied latest firmware, reinstall app.now i do not have any issues registering picassa and other apps.appreciate any help...now this is the only hope...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: youtube app not working on Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: youtube app not working on Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
youtube app not working on Samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 27, 2010 1:01 PM PST

raj_pv,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Have you tried to uninstall and then re-install the App to see if that helps?

Also, are you attempting to connect in the 50 U.S. states?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Youtube app not working properly
by linoiseedassery / June 7, 2011 12:23 PM PDT

The youtube app on my TV UN46D6050 is not working as I expected. When I click on the icon it plays a random video(most of the time content is inappropriate) and no way to pause this. Also not able login to my youtube account. Talked to samsung customer rep and was told that this is the youtube app for this year and its like that and for problems with youtube contact Youtube. This app is not good, Very disappointed. expected more from Youtube.

Collapse -
youtube app
by King_SH / November 13, 2011 3:29 AM PST

I love my samsung led 3d TV! but I have to say the youtube app is an disappointment. Simply not practical to use.
1. I tried to see if remote android app on my cellphone allows text entry for this , it dosen't.<div>2. Tried youtube remote (leanback), should work if the tv and cellphone are logged into same youtube account - would be perfect solution, because the app is good. But unfortunately cannot login to youtube on my samsung smart tv. <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> ue40d6100. I can login to my samsung account, but under serices I don't get youtube only facebook, blinkbox etc. Is there a way to add youtube on there? I have re-installed youtube app etc. Also got the latest firmware from nov,2011.
<span>

<span>Also are there any other generic tv appstores on the net, if so how do I get them on my tv? Some of the tv apps that I see on the samsung website is not available when I browse through tv. I don't have a browser app in my samsung store..
<span>

Collapse -
Youtube App not working after latest update
by obrobertsen / July 21, 2011 10:21 PM PDT

Youtube worked perfectly since i got my Samsung 55" model 8700.
But today i got message on screen that YouTube has been updated.

After this the YouTube App starts but only exit button is working.
Also uninstall the app and rebooted the TV and installed it again without no success.
Youtube App Version now is: 3.1411, and it was updated 2011-07-20 19:59
TV is model: UE55C8700, Version is latest: T-VALDEUC-3009.2
Also called local samsung support with no success...

Collapse -
(NT) YouTube now working with version 3.1421
by obrobertsen / July 22, 2011 2:52 AM PDT
Collapse -
How did you make that update happen?
by rdmahale / March 21, 2012 2:32 AM PDT

How did you make that update happen?
Is there any fixed number of steps. I tried everything that was mentioned (turning power etc)

Collapse -
I am having same issues on my 40" Samsung LED
by rdmahale / March 20, 2012 2:43 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I am having same issues on my 40" Samsung LED

Collapse -
Unable to sign in Youtube App on Samsung LA32C650
by ramesh309 / October 5, 2011 4:28 AM PDT

I am also getting the same error "authentication failed due to network failure. try again later". I am not even able to delete the youtube app to install it again as the delete option is grayed out.

Collapse -
youtube app does not work on my UN55D7000
by tarunbk / June 9, 2012 11:05 PM PDT

The app launches and displays the youtube logo - but nothing works. I cannot even browser videos, etc.
the only thing I can do is quit the app.

absolutely useless and heavy disappointment - no youtube videos.
trying to use the browser did not work either as the browser would crash often while watching a video.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.