Samsung forum

Alert

You Tube 2012 problems

by Valter63 / March 19, 2012 6:09 PM PDT

Hi
On my SmartTV D5500, Since yesterday the application you tube does not work.
The message is: New version is available. Please turn off the TV and back up to resume the upgrade.I tried reinstalling it but it does not work well.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: You Tube 2012 problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: You Tube 2012 problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have the same problem
by ulldemolinsgil / March 19, 2012 6:14 PM PDT
In reply to: You Tube 2012 problems

Hi from Barcelona Spain, i have the same problem after upgrate Youtube App doesn't work and is not possible unistall or delete.

Collapse -
Re
by Valter63 / March 19, 2012 10:21 PM PDT

Hi
I hope in a fast resolution.
I suppose : the YuuTube wrong update file

Collapse -
What region..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2012 2:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Re

What region are you inquiring from?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Youtube 2012 problems
by davlyne / March 29, 2012 2:11 AM PDT
In reply to: What region..

Recently purchased Smart TV Model UN40D6050 (in U.S.A.) and youtube has not worked from day one. When I first turned it on it did an automatic software update. Current Smarthub version: 3.634-6.0.00061. When I go to the app it says loading and then just displays a black screen with the youtube logo in the center. If I use the search function, it will give me youtube listings but when I highlight one and hit enter, it again goes to the black screen with the logo in the center. All other functions in the Smarthub seem to work fine. (I also called Samsung customer service before posting this and they could not help).

Any help/suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Collapse -
Problem Fixed
by davlyne / April 3, 2012 11:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Youtube 2012 problems

Maybe a coincidence, maybe a miracle I don't know but the same day I posted this problem, I got a software update for the Smarthub and now Youtube works like a charm Happy

Thank you Samsung.

Collapse -
Problem with You Tube
by Agigone / June 24, 2012 3:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Youtube 2012 problems

This is happening to me also. Click on YouTube app, says loading, then get black screen and you tube logo in centre. Never comes up or connects.
Purchased Samsung Blu Ray Player BD-E5700 built in wireless mainly to get YouTube on a 5500 SamsungTV where wireless doggle had failed. The blue-ray player worked in connecting with YouTube when I first plugged it in and set it up.
Next time turned on, got above problem that has persisted through update tries, etc.
Smart Hub works with other applications.
Is the YouTube app down again? I am in Southern Ontario.

Collapse -
Youtube not working in India
by Jackschack / May 18, 2012 9:23 PM PDT
In reply to: What region..

Same error message in Bangalore, India.
I even tried deleting the app and downloaded it again but no joy.

Collapse -
Me too
by Ansset82 / March 19, 2012 11:19 PM PDT

The same problem on tv c6530 whith internet@tv. not possible unistall or delete this app.

Collapse -
What Region
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2012 2:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Me too

Sorry for the double post, but what region are you inquiring from?

Full model codes help me determine if the problem is local, or everywhere.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Region
by Valter63 / March 20, 2012 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: What Region

Hi
The region is Italy
But the problem i think is everywhere

Collapse -
RE
by Valter63 / March 20, 2012 3:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Region

model is UE 37D5500

Collapse -
RE
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2012 4:17 AM PDT
In reply to: RE

Valter63,

The servers may also be down, or maintenance or upgraded at YouTube - this early, it's difficult to say. I'll try and test my set(s) here and then escalate those (and your) reports immediately to the App team.

--HDTech

Collapse -
RE
by Valter63 / March 20, 2012 4:36 AM PDT

Thanks
For your info, i can uninstall it and download + reinstall the App from Samsung .
When launch it The result is the same. "Please turn off the TV and back up to resume the upgrade"
Best regards

Collapse -
youtube problem on SAMSUNG LED TV
by Samsung_LEDTV / March 20, 2012 9:37 AM PDT

I am in northern california and I have the same issue.
I deleted and re-installed the youtube APP and it does not work yet.

thanks.

Collapse -
Same problem
by smsng / March 20, 2012 2:01 PM PDT

I am writing in from US region for LED TV UN46C6500VFXZA and confirm the problem exists. Samsung support refused to acknowledge the problem and asked to contact youtube!!

Collapse -
Support refused
by Valter63 / March 21, 2012 10:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Same problem

refused support?
You tube App, is downloaded from the samsung site and not from youtube.
If is present in the list of applications, I think it is tested and approved by samsung.
so be sure that a wrong application will not cause damage to the TV
OR NOT?

Collapse -
Hmmm
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 21, 2012 11:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Support refused

I haven't seen reports of damaging TVs, but I do see reports of YouTube not working.

This could still be due to YouTube software, or their servers having an issue. We can't provide a fix if the software isn't working. While the service center is correct in referring you to YouTube, it remains that we can't fix or code their software. They own their App.

Of course, we work with them to make sure it's compatible for their platform, and we are certainly partners - and we are in the process of making them aware.

I don't have a fix, and I don't know what the cause is here. But this isn't going to damage the TV. It just means that the App won't work until it's updated or something on the server side gets flipped on.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Hmmm
by Valter63 / March 22, 2012 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmmm

I know that an application can not damaging a tv, but it compromises the use for which it was purchased by paying the difference for the Internet TV service
I know well the delicate relationships between the hardware manufacturer with third-party software developers.
When the software is so integrated, it may seem that the hardware is not working properly.
So when I read that technical support was not responsible for the problem I wrote. I think the first point of contact should be your technical service
I hope however that the problem is solved as soon as possible, a good product is also seen from this.

Collapse -
YOU TUBE PROBLEM
by Samsung_LEDTV / March 20, 2012 9:33 AM PDT

I have the same issue. YOUTUBE was working OK for 1.5 years. Yesterday stopped working and it says turn off and on the TV and I do it many times but nothing helps. PLEASE HELP ! it is a 46" LED TV (SAMSUNG).

Collapse -
Similar problem here on D5520
by fastbike123-24576318268202910569311821247146 / March 20, 2012 9:35 AM PDT

On my UE32D5520, the Youtube app now ALWAYS gives the message "New update found, please turn the power off and back on again to perform the update". It cannot be used. Other apps and network related features seem to work fine.
Needless to say, I have tried turning the power off several times to no effect.
I have also tried resetting the Smart Hub and performing a Factory Reset. Neither help.
On this set, the Youtube app is one of a group that cannot be deleted, so I can't even try that.
I cannot update the TV main firmware because it is already the latest 001019

Thanks

Steve (UK)

Collapse -
Same issue "New update found; turn TV off then back on"
by Mandayar / March 20, 2012 3:31 PM PDT

Getting the above error message since yesterday after an upgrade to the youtube app. Using Samsung Internet TV apps on BD-C6900 player. US Region.

Collapse -
"New" Youtube update 21/03/2012
by ulldemolinsgil / March 20, 2012 5:33 PM PDT

Today 21/03/2012 are the new update and solutions for this problem, youtube is the same before the bad update. Now is working in Barcelona (Spain) on Samsung TV - Samsung UE40C7000.

Collapse -
YouTube problem
by Valter63 / March 21, 2012 4:46 AM PDT

Hi
Unfortunately at this time the problem persist Italy Region
The YouTube app not work.

Collapse -
Now fixed on my D5520 in UK
by fastbike123-24576318268202910569311821247146 / March 23, 2012 2:28 AM PDT

Just got a new update to the Smart Hub.
It took ages to load, but afterwards the Youtube app seems to be working again.

Thanks to Samsung_HD_Tech for responding quickly to our posts. It sounds like someone, somewhere got the right message!

- Steve

Collapse -
Not fixed in Italy
by Valter63 / March 23, 2012 4:32 AM PDT

You are a lucky man.
In my reagion the situation is blocked

Collapse -
Fixed in Northern California
by Samsung_LEDTV / March 23, 2012 5:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Not fixed in Italy

this problem is fixed. YOU TUBE app updated and is working.

Collapse -
Not fixed in Italy -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2012 5:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Not fixed in Italy

Valter63 -

Give it another day or two and see if it is addressed. If not, I'll see if I can have one of my guys contact the customer service center in Italy.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Fixed in Italy
by Valter63 / March 23, 2012 9:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Not fixed in Italy -

Hi
00.23 am in Italy YouTube is working now.
The version is the same 19/3 but working.
Thanks a lot for you help

Collapse -
Not working in Singapore
by gopikaveri / March 27, 2012 1:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Fixed in Italy

Iam using Home entrainment system HT-D5530W in Singapore, It installed Youtube (white logo) application and it is not working, i can browse videos but cannot play. It shows the Loading circle and no video. I tried with latest Firmware. I switched off and on power several times. I tried with Reset from Settings menu and Reload applications , no Use. Few days before it updated to Youtube (black logo) application it worked fine. Then next day again it updated to White logo app and doesn't work.

It is very ridiculous to Auto update the applications, It dont ask for User consent before auto update. Samsung please note this.

Collapse -
Not working in Singapore
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 28, 2012 5:24 AM PDT

gopikaveri -

It's noted.

However, it should be understood that when the App updates, it's because their engineers pushed an update, which does automatically update the specific App without user control.

That way, if a participating App owner wants to start, or stop, an App, they retain the right to add, update or remove the App.

You may want to also contact the Samsung customer service center in Singapore for further assistance. They may be able to assist further.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.