Computer Help forum

General discussion

Yellow Question Mark on Other Devices in Device Manager

by mamasjul / February 12, 2010 4:15 AM PST

I have a custom built computer and my Lexmark printer no longer is communicating with the computer. It is connected through USB. I have uninstalled and installed the printer more than once and still nothing.

I found a lovely yellow question mark on the (other devices) Unknown Devices with an exclamation mark. The properties details says... "ACPI\ATK0110\1010110"

I cannot update the driver because I do not know where to get updates for it.

This is the same on my laptop, which is a dell...I will try to update the drivers from their website to see if it will fix the other problem, which involves a webcam instead of the printer.

Could anyone please assist me in this...I am honestly not sure what else I can do to fix it...

Thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Yellow Question Mark on Other Devices in Device Manager
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Yellow Question Mark on Other Devices in Device Manager
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well, that one won't affect your printer
by Steven Haninger / February 12, 2010 4:40 AM PST

I suspect you have an ASUS MB and what you see is a missing driver. A quick web check seems to point to AI Booster that needs to be installed or updated. It should be on your MB CD. I don't think that's going to fix your printer issue though. You'll have to consider that you may have a bad USB port, bad cable or problem with the printer itself.

Collapse -
thanks...
by mamasjul / February 12, 2010 5:40 AM PST

well the CD fixed my yellow question mark, although I was hoping that the question mark was what caused the printer to stop working.

So the usb port could be bad, how do i fix it?

I am going to install the printer to my laptop to see if the problem is with the printer or just the usb port on the desktop.

Thanks so much for the direction to turn...

Collapse -
You can start by testing the USB port with another
by Steven Haninger / February 12, 2010 11:08 PM PST
In reply to: thanks...

device such as a flash drive. There can also be backward compatibility issues with USB 2.0 and 1.1. But, you rule things out one at a time. First, verify the USB port is working. If you can install the printer on another PC to test it, that would help. Cables go bad or some don't mix well with older and new USB standards. I'd make sure it's USB 2.0. I'm also not sure how you're installing the printer. Some USB installations are quirky in that they require the driver to be installed first and then the device attached. In the case of printers, some want the printer attache so it can be discovered. I've had the best success by not using the install wizard with printers but the "have disk" option. This is where you point to the driver on the CD or where it's been extracted on a hard drive.

Collapse -
sorry it took so long, thanks for helping.
by mamasjul / March 4, 2010 4:06 AM PST

OK, i started off with the yellow exclamation mark, i did at one point have a virus and now it has been removed... hopefully, there are no signs of it and all scans are clear.

the issue with the printer, i installed it to another computer so it shouldn't be the printer, or its cable. the thing with the printer is none of the USB cables were changed, i just unplugged one and plugged my thumb drive into it and then unplugged the thumb drive and returned the printer. Printer is plugged into an extension USB since it doesn't reach computer.

The problem at hand is that the computer tends to freeze up, I can use it for only a short period or not at all. If I am playing a video or music it will freeze and the sound skips, like a CD would. Im am wondering if I uninstall the video card and then reinstall it, if that would help.

Im thinking the virus was one of the ones that starts to destroy the drivers on the computer... well anyway am i able to uninstall the video card and reinstall it? or is that not possible? man i feel like a complete moron for asking that...

also the ASUS install CD would be the one to have the USB port installation on it correct? Also is the USB ports drivers as well? I should goodle these questions but sometimes I seem to find myself running in circles with all the info.

Thanks so much for help! Oh if there is any info you need about the computer let me know...thanks

Collapse -
Yellow Question Mark on Other Devices in Device Manager
by Jean54k0t4 / January 13, 2014 5:17 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.