Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Xbox 360 to Computer Speakers - Help!

by rosco_robinson / December 24, 2007 11:16 PM PST

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to a set of computer speakers, plainly. I'm using the VGA adapter, so that aspect of the connection corresponding with my monitor is in. Since it lacks speakers, I'm left with using a speaker set. This speaker set has only a single cable, ended with a plug, that is green. A single audio input... and yet my 360 has dual audio inputs - Not to mention that you can't plug two... plugs... together. What sort of adapter would I need to make these two correspond?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Xbox 360 to Computer Speakers - Help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Xbox 360 to Computer Speakers - Help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe this can be of some use.
by OniOokamiAlfador / January 2, 2008 6:19 AM PST

Well, the plug on your speakers appears to be a 3.5mm jack. This is the same jack used by about 80% of speakers and headphones for computers, Cd players, etc. You can buy cables that convert the 3.5mm jack to two (left and right speaker ( RCA / component ) jacks, but I am not sure if you can get any that have a female end for the RCA jack.

It looks like what you'll want is a 3.5mm female to RCA female connector, though they don't seem to exist, or at least are not common. You may need to get a 3.5mm male to RCA female and then buy a male-female converter to stick on the end of the 3.5

Collapse -
We found the connections needed at this discussion
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2008 10:34 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions


Free trip to the Grand Prix

Don't miss your chance to win a trip to the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Monaco for you and a plus-one.