Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

by Code7526 / April 1, 2013 3:41 PM PDT
Code7526 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Code7526

Collapse -
Checked For Malware? More Info Needed
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 3:52 AM PDT
In reply to:

What is your computer make and model? Which operating system are you using? Have you scanned for malware? If not, please try the steps in the link below:

If no malware is found after performing all the scans, (it will take a while to perform them), then try using the free "Unlocker" program from the link below to unlock the file, then allow you to delete it.

You might also try restarting into Safe Mode and manually delete the file from there.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Thanks for the Help!
by Code7526 / April 2, 2013 4:01 AM PDT

Thanks for the help Grif!

I went to Start, Programs and Features and uninstalled

My computer seems slow now, could have done some damage to my software?

Best regards James

Collapse -
And Did You Run Those Scans?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 6:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for the Help!

Unfortunately, with some types of malware, uninstalling the program may NOT get rid of it all.. Run the tools I mentioned just to make sure all remnants are gone.

In addition, since tends to place itself in your browser "add-ons" section, and sometimes in the "homepage" section. For Internet Explorer, make sure to open the Control Panel-Internet Options, then the "General" tab and make sure YOUR homepage is correctly listed there. While still in "Internet Options-General tab", click on the "Settings" button in the "Search" section.. In the Manage Add-ons window, if you see, remove it, then close the "Manage Add-ons" window.

If you use other browsers, then be sure to check their "add-ons" section and remove any remnants as well.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Thank You
by Code7526 / April 2, 2013 3:13 PM PDT

Thanks Grif for the help!

This morning I restarted our computer and our computer is working faster now again.

Best regards James

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.