Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Resolved Question

WLM won't block domains

by lilliana / January 5, 2013 3:38 AM PST

I've tried to block a domain recently, but mail from that domain keeps coming. Any way to make it go to the junk file?

One e-mail keeps coming concerning a listing I made on Craig's List. How they got my e-mail from the posting, I don't know. Each one is a sexy come-on, and comes with a different name, but all from I don't want to block yahoo since I get mail from other addees through that domain. Any other way to stop this other than just dleeting them individually as they come into the Inbox?

lilliana has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WLM won't block domains
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WLM won't block domains
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by lilliana

Collapse -
Set up a message rule
by wpgwpg / January 5, 2013 3:43 AM PST

Since you neglected to say what version of Windows you're using, I can't give you specific directions. I can tell you that setting up message rules is the answer to what you want to do.

Good luck.

Collapse -
WLM won't block domains
by lilliana / January 5, 2013 5:53 AM PST
In reply to: Set up a message rule

I've got Windows 7 with WLM v.2012, Build 16.4.3505.0912.
I looked around, but can't find any place to set up message rules.
As I recall, I could use message rules in XP Outlook Express.

Collapse -
It's in the FOLDERS tab
by wpgwpg / January 5, 2013 6:30 AM PST

Why MS in its wisdom put it in the folders tab is a mystery to me but that's where it is. It's on the far right side of that ribbon. Of course why they went to the ribbons and why they took the start button away in Windows 8 are also mysteries to me. Methinks Mr. Balmer doesn't know what he's doing.

Good luck.

Collapse -
WLM won't block domains
by lilliana / January 5, 2013 9:02 AM PST

Thanks again!
I looked everywhere but in the FOLDERS tab.
It does seem to be an odd place for message rules.
In any case, you solved the issue for me.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.