This issue could happen after the windows update and in the following scenarios mentioned in this article
Windows live mail stops responding .
Try to run this Microsoft fix-it .
If this does not help, you can repair Windows Live Mail. Prior to this step, it is recommended to export the emails. Here is the link for Backup and Restore Windows Live Mail . Please follow these steps to perform the repair:
1. Click on Start button
2. Type 'Run' in the search box and click 'Run'.
3. Type the following command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Installer\wlarp.exe
4. Click on OK, and wait a few seconds.
5. Depending on your user account settings, you may see a User Account Control prompt, asking if you want this program (Windows Installer) to make changes to your machine, click on Yes.
6. Another window will appear that will allow you to either uninstall or repair Windows Live, click on the Repair Button then continue. It will take approximately two minutes to complete. When the repair is done, close all of the programs and reboot the computer.
Hope this helps.
Please reply if you have any further questions.
Thanks and Regards,
When I foward an email, I usually delete "From" information, or addresses on the address list before sending the message. I have been doing this by moving the curser to the left of the word "From", and pressing the delete key several times as the characters are removed. Now, when I do this, after a few characters are deleted, I get a message saying "Windows Live Mail has stopped working". "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly". "Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I then found that if I highlight what I want to delete, then press the delete ley, the information is deleted without an error. I also discovered I can delete this information by placig the curser at the end of what I want to delete, and delete the information using the backspace key. I just can no longer delete this information using the single delete keystrokes as I used to do.
I am using a Dell PC running Windows 7 professional will all the latest updates. My WLM is version 2011, build 15.4.3555.0308.