iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Without the apility to conncet the iphone 5 to all exsisting

by therobesons / October 19, 2012 1:46 AM PDT

My 4s connects to all out TV's in our boats, RVs.
My 4s also connects to all my auto radios allowing for full video , turn by turn nav and netflix, Pandora etc.
The iPhone has no connectivity so is it really a upgrade of a step backwards?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Without the apility to conncet the iphone 5 to all exsisting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Without the apility to conncet the iphone 5 to all exsisting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
You need to give more details
by Pepe7 / October 19, 2012 2:04 AM PDT

Tell us more so we can assist. Spend some time actually crafting a message that people can decipher instead of making us guess what sort of actual makes/models/equipment you currently have. Understand, there are many, many permutations of what you describe in such haste.

Keep in mind that it's a new device, more importantly, iOS6 is new too. When some apps are updated some of your prior seamless functionality/connectivity will probably return. YMMV.

All Answers

Collapse -
So it's now a phone?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2012 1:49 AM PDT

Just wondering.

Collapse -
My guess is that you are referring to the new connector
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / October 19, 2012 8:47 AM PDT

on the iPhone 5.

With the aid of an adapter, you will be back in business.
The iPhone 5 will connect to all TV's in your boats, RVs
The iPhone 5 will also connect to all your auto radios, but will not supply "full video", do turn by turn nav and netflix, Pandora etc. (I highly doubt the 4s supplied full video to your auto radios.)
The iPhone 5 has ALL the connectivity that the 4s had, so yes, it really is an upgrade.

Now, what really was your question?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.