Samsung

Question

WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX

by jay-mak / May 7, 2012 4:12 AM PDT
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Question about the WIS12ABGNX wireless lan adapter
by cnetta2012 / June 26, 2012 6:09 AM PDT

Will the WIS12ABGNX work on my Samsung TV un46d6000sfxza? In my TV manual the WIS12ABGNX isn't listed.

Collapse -
Yes, it will.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 26, 2012 11:15 PM PDT

cnetta2012,

Yeah, it'll work. The reason it's not listed in your manual is that it was just released this year.

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
NEED THE CONFIRMATION FOR WIS12ABGNX IS SUITABLE FOR MY TV
by vijaisridharan / August 11, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, it will.

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE CONFIRM, I BOUGHT LED SAMSUNG SERIES 6 SMART TV UA40D6000 LAST MONTH AND I ALREADY SEND IT TO INDIA.

YESTERDAY I BOUGHT WLAN DONGLE MODEL NUMBER : WIS12ABGNX. IS IT IS SUITABLE FOR MY LED TV.

I ASKED EROS, CONFIRMED IT WILL WORKS DIFFIDENTLY.

PLEASE ANY ONE CONFIRMED IT WILL WORK OR NOT.
MY MAIL ID : vijaisridharan@gmail.com

Waiting for your valuable reply please

Collapse -
Re: Need confirmation of compatibility
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 13, 2012 1:40 AM PDT

vijaisridharan,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model isn't for the US. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Country portal so that you can find support for your product in your country: http://www.samsung.com/nz/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList.do

But we got a nice little community here that includes people from everywhere in the world, and they might have a few other suggestions to help you out.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Clarification Request
WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
by knacrelli / January 22, 2013 12:20 AM PST

I also need clarification on which adapter to purchase for my television. I have the Samsung UN55C9000 and am unsure which, if either, adatper will function. Any info you have would be great! Thank you!!

Collapse -
Re: Clarification request: WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 22, 2013 12:40 AM PST
Collapse -
My TV
by knacrelli / January 24, 2013 11:10 AM PST

I have the UN55C9000ZFXZA, so does that mean only the WIS09ABGN will work? And why is the cost of that about triple the cost of the WIS12ABGNX? Thanks!

Collapse -
Re: Clarification request: WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 24, 2013 10:37 PM PST
In reply to: My TV

Hi vijaisridharan,

OK, technically, I believe the WIS12ABGNX will work with either model, but I want you to be able to fall back on what it says on the website in case it doesn't work for some reason. And that's about all I'll say there.

Why is the cost so much higher? The WIS09ABGN was made in 2009; the other 2012. Models from 2009 and 2008 must use this model. So as the supply for that model gets used up.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Clarification Request
WIS12ABGNX/XAA ??
by DGriff58 / May 27, 2013 8:00 AM PDT

I have a 2010 Samsung 51" plasma mdl # PN51D550C1F
Is the WIS12ABGNX/XAA compatable with my tv?
When I type it into the compatabilty guide on the Samsung site it says its not, but the mdl # is listed in the "compatable" list on the page! wtf?

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Samsung Wireless adapter
by modelist / November 23, 2014 12:01 AM PST

I lost my wireless apapter for Samsung TV UE32D6100. Original apaper was WIS09ABGN. Now I could not find this adapter. Is adapter WIS12 sutable for my TV or What type of another adapters I can buy?

Collapse -
Example adapter I use in place of such.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2014 12:15 AM PST

Look up the Netgear WNCE2001. Here I got mine for 25 USD for a Netgear refurb on amazon.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Answer from Arab Emirates Samsung
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 18, 2012 1:17 AM PDT

Jay-Mak,

Generally, I would refer you to your country's customer service, but instead this time they came to me, so here is the answer they provided:

The short of it is that the WIS12ABGNX will not work on your TV.

Your model (UA40D5000PR) is a Middle Eastearn model, and according to the user's manual, it apparently only supports three wireless LAN adapters: WIS09ABGN, WIS09ABGN2 and WIS10ABGN. But the WIS12ABGNX is not supported by your TV. (User's manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201201/20120128143536163/UX5DVBAS1A_UX9DVBAS1A-ENG-1018.pdf )

Also, when you check SamsungParts.com, you're checking American models, not Middle Eastern. So it won't be the same model. But you were correct that on the Arab Emirates Samsung portal, the model was not listed, so it's being corrected for other users.

Hope that helps!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX
by jay-mak / May 18, 2012 4:39 AM PDT

Thanks mate. That's what I needed.

Jay

Collapse -
Same Question for UN40D6500VRXUG
by dlanzaro / June 20, 2012 11:33 AM PDT

HD Tech,

I have the same question as Jay, does the WIS12ABGNX works on my UN40D6500VRXUG led TV?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards,

Diego

Collapse -
UN40D6500VRXUG?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 21, 2012 2:37 AM PDT

Diego,

You sure about that model number? I couldn't find that product for any country, much less the US. But here are a couple other models. Is it one of these?

UN40D6500VFXZC - Canada
UN40D6500VGXZD - Brazil

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX ???
by nocture31 / September 10, 2012 12:02 AM PDT
In reply to: UN40D6500VRXUG?

i have Samsung SyncMaster T27A950 3D 27''

WIS09ABGN or WIS12ABGNX ???

Collapse -
Similar issue with WIS12ABGNX/XAA
by stvnky / October 12, 2012 9:55 AM PDT

Good day,

I have a UN55B8000XFXZA and I purchased the WIS12ABGNX/XAA. The device is not recognized when I plug in it; there is absolutely no response from the TV indicating that it sees a new USB device. I can only assume that the issue is compatibility because of the 2009 model year of the television and the more recent model year of the wireless adapter.

Will I have to purchase the WIS09ABGN?

Many Thanks!

Collapse -
Could not find that model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2012 10:43 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.