Samsung

Question

Wireless keyboard for Samsung Smart tv

by AnOldMarine / February 18, 2013 2:23 AM PST

Is there a wireless keyboard for a Samsung PN60E550D1F TV? Samsung's product listings don't show any of that are compatible.

If there isn't any is there some way I can speed up the scrolling of the on screen keyboard. The way it is now it almost makes using Internet useage useless.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless keyboard for Samsung Smart tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless keyboard for Samsung Smart tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I see on page 122
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2013 2:33 AM PST
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201203/20120330191151694/%5BWeb-ENG_US%5DXTATSCE-1006.pdf on page 122 and on notes this model supports USB HID keyboards.

OK, that's the code words for "most keyboards work." And Samsung can't list them for a few reasons. First, the list would be in the thousands with only a few that might not work. Also I read it supports Bluetooth keyboards.

That's pretty cool so try this one -> http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Travel-iPhone/dp/B005EOWBKE

"Since many people are asking: It works with any bluetooth enabled device that supports HID (which 99% of the devices out there supports already). I have tested it with iPad 2, iPhone 4S, Windows 7 laptop, Macbook Pro, Blackberry Playbook and Asus Transformer."

Again there is no list. In my opinion Samsung should sell a 200 buck keyboard for those that must avoid any "trying" of a keyboard.
Bob
Collapse -
Re: Wireless keyboard for Samsung Smart tv
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 18, 2013 4:44 AM PST
In reply to: I see on page 122

Hi Bob and an Old Marine,

Yes, many off the shelf keyboards will work just fine, but since Bob suggested that Samsung make a Samsung-branded, $200 keyboard, would a $99 keyboard do just as well: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-accessories/VG-KBD1500/ZA

It supports ES6500 series and higher for LEDs and E550 and higher for plasmas.

HD Tech

Collapse -
That's a nice keyboard.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2013 4:48 AM PST

Love the track pad and more. Great looking design.
Bob

Collapse -
Wireless keyboard for Model UN60F6350A?
by Matt_N / September 14, 2013 3:41 AM PDT

You mentioned a wireless keyboard that supports ES6500 series and higher for LEDs... is there a specific one that works with Model UN60F6350A? Or will many off the shelf keyboards work with that model as well?

Collapse -
Re: Wireless keyboard for Model UN60F6350A?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 16, 2013 2:41 AM PDT

Hi Matt_N,

There is not a specific keyboard for this model TV. This TV does have USB HID support so you should be able to use a 3rd party keyboard. Unfortunately I am unable to suggest any keyboards that may be compatible.

Thanks,
HD Tech

Collapse -
wireless keyboard for samsung smart tv
by jonjinva / October 9, 2013 10:02 AM PDT

I have Samsung model un40es6100fxza. bought a Logitech wireless w/mouse MK520 from Amazon.
it works great...good price too. you plug-in the "unifying" receiver into USB. it works wherever you take it.
no problem. it's the only thing to use with smart tv as using the remote to key in words
will drive you absolutely nuts.

JJ in Fl

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.