LG

Question

Wireless headphones and brand new LG Smart TV

by UncleChaos / August 20, 2012 8:51 AM PDT

Okay CNet land, I have been staring at this set of wireless headphones and my father's brand new LG LM6200 Smart TV for the past hour and cannot come up with a solution. My father likes to fall asleep to the TV, though his girlfriend occasionally can't take it. I bought these headphones so that they could both be happy.

I bought for him the Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones. His TV, as mentioned above, is the LG LM6200.

I have tried all three "channels" on the RS120 receiver, as well as "external speaker," none of it worked. I would really like to make these things work as they cost a fair amount!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you Happy

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wireless headphones and brand new LG Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wireless headphones and brand new LG Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
connecting smart TV to wireless headphones
by beckyinToronto / January 28, 2013 1:24 AM PST

If your smart TV has an "audio out" 3.5mm connection (looks like a black square with one hole in centre; just "audio out" not "digital audio out") and your headphones use RCA connectors (the red and white round old-fashioned ones like a stereo uses) you can just go to any electronics store and get a "3.5mm to RCA" cable/adaptor. I needed male to male but the store I went to only sold 3.5mm male to RCA female, so I also got a pair of RCA "plug couplers" (barrel connectors) that are female-to-female. Total cost: $20. Voila.

Collapse -
This setup Mutes the TV speakers
by amsmarle / November 15, 2013 1:11 AM PST

Hi There, you are correct with waht you suggest. Alas the Connecting of the headphones mutes the TV speakers.

So if like me you need headphones to properly hear the TV my wife cannot hear the TV as the sound is muted by the headphone connection. Another work around is to use a scart lead c/w with a pair of RCA connectors and then your headphones connected, this enables you to both listen to the TV. Unfortunately connected this way works fine for only the TV, the headphones do not work if you try to use them on any smart app... Netflix etc..??

Crazy, crazy situation - LG TVs avoid them like the plague

Alan

Collapse -
Ahh, almost all mute the speakers when you use that jack.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2013 1:20 AM PST

As to apps, since the apps are now coming from other than the TV maker , how to assure that all apps are bug free?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.