Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Winter Here Is Gone Finally

by James Denison / April 10, 2013 5:09 AM PDT

Last week we were in the 40-60's with a hat tip to the 70's. Today we hit 90 degrees! Happy days are here again in Maryland, LOL. Well, except for my wife from the far north, heh heh.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Winter Here Is Gone Finally
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Winter Here Is Gone Finally
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Still Here.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 5:28 AM PDT

In Wales, struggling to get 8 degrees.

Collapse -
Forsythias blooming
by Steven Haninger / April 10, 2013 5:29 AM PDT

As a kid, I thought they were called "For Cynthia bushes". I told my wife that means only three more snows to go. She didn't give me a happy look.

Collapse -
last week here in 40's & 50's for highs
by Roger NC / April 10, 2013 5:55 AM PDT

yesterday 84, today 88.

Nice weather actually, but such a big jump so quickly makes it hard to adjust.

I actually like 65 over 85 if I'm working outside, but oh well. Was digging up boxwood bushes yesterday, some not too good a shape, the other just casualities of rearranging. Need to be out there today, but other things to do earlier, and then just not into it.

We're suppose to be back down to 70 Sat, but back to 80 next week. I would have liked a few weeks of 70 highs instead of going from 50 to 88.

Collapse -
Baltimore just hit 93
by James Denison / April 10, 2013 7:55 AM PDT

here at 6pm

Collapse -
(NT) all that concrete on a sunny day
by Roger NC / April 10, 2013 8:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Baltimore just hit 93
Collapse -
Decent weather condition
by omidkanani / April 15, 2013 12:21 AM PDT

I agree to you it becomes pretty difficult to adjust ourselves in weather like this, but I'm enjoying it also too much.

Collapse -
I look for...
by Willy / April 11, 2013 3:24 AM PDT

I can tell when spring is upon us here when the robins come back. Sure everyone knows that, but at my home I await the chirping of frogs, which says its warm enough. Next, is the arrival any bugs that may have been harboring in the woodwork or siding. Then, the final straw it rains too much or it seems to me and the lawn just can't take to drain away that fast. Of course, if the weather gets real drastic, the storms arrive to include high winds or severe weather of some sort. Then roughly around late April or May it settles. My Easter lilies are about to bloom. they're only green now but I think they're 2wks late or so. ------Willy Happy

Collapse -
plants around here have jumped in last 5 days
by Roger NC / April 11, 2013 5:30 AM PDT
In reply to: I look for...

My mother and sister were talking about several plants including their hostas last week and none were sprouting. Mother asked me about the ones here and there wasn't even any real crowning yet.

Now they're all up, out, about 3 inches long and starting to unfurl.

It was a bit cooler than normal around here until last Friday, since then it's been about 10 above average and a lot of stuff is just exploding, not just plants, but also regular ants, fire ants, wasps and ground bees.

Collapse -
Spring is indicated here by the honking of geese. It didn't
by Ziks511 / April 21, 2013 6:13 PM PDT
In reply to: I look for...

used to be that way, but it has been for the last 10 years where I live. I had a Robin going crazy outside my window at 3:50 yesterday morning. It was pitch black, and this loon was singing for all he was worth. It was almost annoying. Still these traditional harbingers of spring do raise the spirits. Now for some Forsythia and Lilacs though probably not until May 1 judging by the delays this year.

Collapse -
Finally, a warm day
by Willy / April 22, 2013 4:25 AM PDT

It was slightly frosted out this morning. Then later it's nice and warm which makes this week far better than last week, pretty much the same. as for the birds, they're pretty active and the frogs are crock all night at times it seems. I have tree frogs that are little brats that seem to give no clue to their size as they sound large but aren't bigger than a nickel. Anyways, its getting nice to hear the birds in the morning. -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Not here -70s on Friday, snow on Saturday
by Diana Forum moderator / April 21, 2013 8:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
other week it was 85, last night, about 40
by Roger NC / April 21, 2013 9:19 AM PDT

and 60 for a high the last few days, and damp.

May dip into the 30's tonight, then a bit of up and down this week, but nothing really warm.

Looked beautiful today, but was a bit below 60 and a too brisk and chilly wind all day.

Collapse -
Snow flurries this morning in central Ohio
by Steven Haninger / April 21, 2013 9:42 AM PDT

Frost on the grass and a little of the white stuff but nothing threatening. The rule of three snows after the forsythias bloom still needs two more to hold true.

Collapse -
(NT) 38 morning, 55 and drizzling this afternoon, yuk
by Roger NC / April 22, 2013 8:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
yes, cooled back down some
by James Denison / April 21, 2013 10:25 PM PDT

In the 40's this morning. That one day at 90 degrees was wonderful though. This week is supposed to be highs between 62-72 here. Slowly getting things set up for the garden. Already tilled, but need to lay drip lines and black plastic to start warming the soil up.

Collapse -
You're lucky, James. I'm still waiting. Damn it's
by Ziks511 / April 21, 2013 6:06 PM PDT

frustrating. I want to go walking and do some exercise, and all I can do is walk laps in my Apartment building, not that that is poor quality exercise,along the hall to the back stairs up a floor along the hall way up the front stairs and along a hall way, and down the back stairs and along the hall way for a total of 4 floors. Great for the legs, and maybe the cardio, but lousy for the upper body and boring.

Glad you've got good weather. Have a good spring and summer.

Collapse -
by James Denison / April 21, 2013 10:26 PM PDT

That's the hardest part in spring, getting all the winter cramps out of the legs, and my bad back.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.