Windows Legacy OS forum

Question

Windows Xp professional sp3 missing drivers...

by sneaky666 / April 24, 2013 11:42 AM PDT

Hi,

I installed windows xp sp3 professional 32bit, version 2002, on a hp desktop.

After the installation, I connected a ethernet cable from the desktop to my wireless router but I can't get any internet connection.

I looked in the network options, and I only see a 1394 connection.

I checked my device manager, and it showing this:
http://i.imgur.com/RzRfCOZ.png

Which means all those with yellow question marks are missing drivers.

How can I install those drivers? Like where can I get them?

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Xp professional sp3 missing drivers...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Xp professional sp3 missing drivers...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
HP's website
by Jimmy Greystone / April 24, 2013 12:36 PM PDT

HP's website would be the place you want to go. Enter in the SN of your unit, you should be able to quickly get to a page with all the drivers for that unit. Of course if you tried installing XP on some unit that came with Windows 7 or 8 on it, then you are stuck trying to figure out the individual hardware components, and hoping that the component manufacturers have XP drivers.

Collapse -
help
by sneaky666 / April 24, 2013 1:08 PM PDT
In reply to: HP's website

This is my pc information:
Its a HP Pavilion a6200n PC
model number: GN556AA#ABA

And the windows xp is a custom version (didn't come with HP), I installed it overwriting the xp that came with the pc. As well looking at the hp site, I only see one 1 driver, and its for lightscibe....

Collapse -
Read below.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 24, 2013 1:10 PM PDT
In reply to: help

It's a mystery why they make you ask.

Collapse -
Answer
You sometimes have to ask HP!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 24, 2013 1:05 PM PDT

Read the next link and marvel how the drivers were not on a web page but on a FTP site. In some cases for reasons we can only guess, you must ask.

Read the next reply for the link.
Bob

Collapse -
Link to example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 24, 2013 1:06 PM PDT
http://forums.cnet.com/7726-7587_102-2699006.html
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.