Phones forum

General discussion

Windows Phone 7 does AIM?

by icemanjfatz / December 20, 2010 5:40 AM PST

thinking about picking up the new HTC HD7 from T-mobile and wanna know does it have AIM in the marketplace, or is their one in the works? seems to have everything else i need except for arguably the best Iming service.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Phone 7 does AIM?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Phone 7 does AIM?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Posts deleted.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / December 22, 2010 9:16 PM PST

Sorry but I deleted a couple of posts from here.

They were just spam posts advertising mobile products, and didn't address your issue at all.

Mark

Collapse -
Not yet...
by John.Wilkinson / December 22, 2010 10:18 PM PST

AIM is available for most platforms, including Windows Mobile, iOS, and Android, but WP7 is not yet supported, nor have I heard an announcement regarding upcoming support. Unfortunately, many developers are taking a "wait and see" approach before investing time and resources into developing WP7 apps, limiting availability at the moment.

The good news is that you can view the current selection of WP7 apps by downloading the (free) Zune client and then going Marketplace->Apps. That's the same selection you would see browsing available apps directly on the HD7, so you can determine if the apps you desire are currently available or if you should hold off a bit longer.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
I'm an app developer
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 23, 2010 2:43 AM PST

And my other developer friends put all work on hold for WP7 due to the draconian rules and the fact we can't distribute our company apps via the company site.

Microsoft is trying very hard but it appears that they are not getting the message.
Bob

Collapse -
Yes!
by tonystony / November 3, 2013 10:38 PM PST

Yes, there are AIM apps for what you're referring to. I'm not sure if there are any official AIM programs, but there's third party AIM clients. To name a couple there's eBuddy Lite Messenger and IM Plus. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.