Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Windows Movie Maker wont play audio

by Mike_Nintendo / September 20, 2008 3:32 AM PDT

Everytime I import an MP3 song into Windows Movie Maker into the video, it wont play the song, but anything else besides the audio. Cna someone help me fix this? It wont play MP3 audio anymore, but it used to...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows Movie Maker wont play audio
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows Movie Maker wont play audio
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A workaround I used.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2008 5:38 AM PDT

I ran across such a machine. We had to start using .WAV files. Since it's easy enough to convert, they did that.

-> You post has so little detail. I can't tell if the machine you use has a system restore feature.
Bob

Collapse -
I have system restore
by Mike_Nintendo / September 20, 2008 6:21 AM PDT
In reply to: A workaround I used.

And my mom used it a few times in the past when she was helping me fix the comp

Collapse -
Same problem here.
by devicepedia / September 22, 2008 3:42 AM PDT
In reply to: I have system restore

I have the same problem, someone please help.

Collapse -
Wtf weird...
by Mike_Nintendo / September 22, 2008 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Same problem here.

And I was always able to play/preview audio along with the video in WMM before, and it just stopped working all of a sudden? The last time it was working was.....lemme go look....July 25. I looked thru my YouTube videos for my latest video that wasn't on my video games, and the latest audiable one I made with WMM was a tutorial, and it was made July 25th, 2008 (2 months ago). That's the last time I remember it functioning properly...

Collapse -
mp3 audio won't play in mm
by jazz4ness / September 23, 2008 1:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Wtf weird...

experiencing the same issue with mm 6 on vista. Have created movies before and it worked fine...until I imported an .m4a audio file and it seems to have corrupted one of the filters...at least that's why I think the audio won't play now--even mp3 files. My question now is how do i fix the corrupted filter? I tried restoring the default filters and even randomly de-selected some of them and/or all of them but alas to no avail...should I just convert the mp3 files .wav or .wma as I've seen from other forums that there are known issues with .mp3 files...appreciate any assistance here. Ta.

Collapse -
Yay, WAV formats do work!
by Mike_Nintendo / September 24, 2008 7:49 AM PDT
In reply to: A workaround I used.

I converted my MP3 song to a WAV format to test it, and it works! Thx R. Proffitt! Now I just need to find a FREE .mp3 to .wav converter, cuz the one I used said I can only convert 30 files and less than 5 songs at one time if ur using it for free. It's called Ease Audio Converter.

I hate it when they force u to by little converter machines that don't even do anything besides converting one simple file. Same with my neverending trouble with trying to get my .mov files into WMM, but all the good .mov converters aren't free. They're only little converters. I hate this lol.

But anyways, thx for informing me about the .wav alternative. It does work. I wonder why .mp3s just stopped working like this...? They used ot always work, then they just became obsolete out of no where...

Collapse -
Have you seen the new Microsoft commercials?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 24, 2008 10:38 AM PDT

Yup, makes no sense to me either. Just like your failure all I can offer is a workaround until some neuron fires.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.