Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

Windows media player won't display my Android!

by yiwakawa / November 19, 2012 4:26 AM PST

Hello.

I just got the LG Venice running Android 4.0, Everything works great, but Can't get Windows Media player to recognize it. It detect it for a bit and gone. Can't sync music at all. I owned few other Android. Never had this problem. My computer is Windows 7.

Thank you for your help and time.

yiwakawa has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows media player won't display my Android!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows media player won't display my Android!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by yiwakawa

Collapse -
Not all androids can do a media device.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2012 4:32 AM PST

Most will let you set it to disk mode on connection and a few will be a media device. Why not do this the old fashioned way and use the disk mode and put your music in folders to play later?
Bob

Collapse -
Can't set it to disk mode.
by yiwakawa / November 19, 2012 5:01 AM PST

Can't set it to disk mode "All my other Android had that option" goes to Media player automatically, and the player won't recognize the device. Although it dose show it trying to sync for a bit at the bottom of the page than gone.

Is this a software issue with LG? Never had this issue with Samsung or ZTE.

Collapse -
You're right. Disk mode is not listed in the manual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2012 5:24 AM PST

"You can set the desired mode (Charge only,
Media sync (MTP)or Camera (PTP))."
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lg.com%2Flgecs.downloadFile.ldwf%3FDOC_ID%3DKROWM000413153%26ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1%3DLG730_Boost_UG_EN_V1.0_120914.pdf%26FILE_NAME%3DKROWM000413153.pdf%26TC%3DDwnCmd&ei=sKKqUILLA6GBiwLsjoDQAg&usg=AFQjCNFKVk9DQ6ufnHyyxrKeSJcJAtI7Ig&sig2=OL4nHhXvJhp6-8fFCzXZXA&cad=rja

And MTP is twitchy so if it works, great but for me a dead end over the years.

Did you see those options in the menu noted on page 50?
Bob

Collapse -
No luck!
by yiwakawa / November 19, 2012 3:38 PM PST

Just got the Charge,Media sync, and Camera. I did try the Developers options and try USB debugging. Looked something like disk mode, but did nothing. Don't get why LG did something so stupid. I'm looking around on LG website, but see nothing that's going to help.

Collapse -
Then the old fashioned way.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2012 12:28 AM PST
In reply to: No luck!

I have to pull the media card (microSD) then pop it into my PC or card reader and I'm in.

Sorry that MTP or media sync is dead. It rarely works for me so I have never depended on it. I find other ways.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank you!
by yiwakawa / November 20, 2012 1:38 AM PST

Got the SD card out and loaded it direct! Wish LG work this out. With this phone I got to take the back off to get at the SD card. I'm sure they can since Samsung and ZTE already do.

Thank you again for your help!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.