Everything can go wrong here.
1. No support for SATA in Windows ME.
2. Not the right driver installed.
3. No support for such a big hard disk in ME).
4. No support for such a big hard disk in the BIOS
5. Drive has no partitions.
6. Partitions are too big for the OS ((the limit in its successor XP was 128 GB).
7. Partitions are formatted NTFS.
With the value of this PC being approximately $0.00 (interesting experiment: try to sell it on eBay or Craigslist or a comparable second hand site) for $1.00 and see how much buyers you get) I'd see if you can get a much better PC for about the same price. A used XP PC with more disk space and probably a faster CPU should be $25 or less.
Hi....I am trying to add more storage space to a family memebers computer which is running Windows ME.
It has 2 hdd with a total of 8Gb storage.
I have installed a new Sata 500gb hard drive, but the computer does not see it.
Do I have to do anything else other than just connect it up.
I thought Sata hard drives were automatically recognized.
Does it have to be formatted?