Windows 8 forum

Question

Windows 8 low memory problems

by omgggapples / June 8, 2013 4:28 AM PDT

About a month, I got a Samsung Series 5 touch screen Ultrabook with 4 GB memory, running Windows 8. Recently, I've been getting a lot of low memory notifications even with just Chrome browser up with a couple of tabs open and Spotify or Itunes. With my Windows 7 laptop (also with 4 GB memory), I have never received a low memory notification, and I've had 10 tabs open with a photo editor program, sometimes both spotify and itunes, and microsoft office.

In addition, Google Chrome crashes all the time. Luckily they save the tabs that were open but it gets pretty irritating if I'm in the middle of working on something.

Why is this happening on my new laptop? I'm not the most computer savvy, so when I go task manager and see that so much memory is being used, I'm not sure which programs are needed and which aren't.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 8 low memory problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 8 low memory problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'm guessing here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 8, 2013 4:32 AM PDT

I have yet to see this BUT I did run into a laptop with some paltry small SSD and it did cough up errors like that. It was not "low memory" but low disk space and since the OS is a VM OS the message could be indeed low memory when it was truly low disk space.

You bring up a good point. If Microsoft hasn't got these messages correct for everyman today, will folk continue or will they flip to other things like pads?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Have you checked Device Manager?
by wpgwpg / June 8, 2013 4:33 AM PDT

It sounds like you could have some missing or problem prone device drivers. Have you checked Device Manager to see?

Collapse -
I'm not sure what to check for
by omgggapples / June 8, 2013 12:35 PM PDT

I've never been to device manager but just found my way on it and I don't know what I should be checking for.

Collapse -
Check for entries with ! or ? next to them
by wpgwpg / June 8, 2013 12:41 PM PDT

Check for entries with ! or ? next to them. That will indicate the device has a missing or incorrect driver.

Collapse -
Everything seems fine
by omgggapples / June 8, 2013 1:00 PM PDT

There are no drivers with ! or ? next to them. I appreciate your advice so much though! I had no idea where to look!

Collapse -
maybe
by julio-santana / June 18, 2013 8:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Everything seems fine

I could be that you got a lot of sfuff running in the back round go to task manager and see whats running and taking up your memory. in task manager you can see whats running and how much memory is using up

Collapse -
Answer
maybe
by julio-santana / June 18, 2013 8:56 PM PDT

when you open task manager, look at whats running, next to whats running has numbers with % sighns on them. the one with high present sighns are the ones taking up a lot of memory. you also might have a lot of sfuff running in the back round like add ons go to internet exporer and click on settings the little circle with teeth on it on the top right hand side of the screen next to the star. then go to manage add ons there you will see whats running in the back round if its running, it will say enabled you can disable it by clicking on what ever I running, and then clicking on disable box on the bottom right side.

Collapse -
Answer
You've checked the simple things?
by Zouch / June 21, 2013 11:07 PM PDT

Warning - this is a guess - I don't have Windows 8 running - it wouldn't install on my test laptop, even though it happily runs Windows 7.

Have you checked that the system is recognising all the installed memory? Look in whatever is the Win8 version of System Information. It should show you how much Physical Memory (RAM) is installed and how much is available, together with how much Virtual Memory (Disk space) is defined and how much is available. This should show if your memory is actually constrained and whether it is RAM or as Bob suggests Virtual Memory (Disk space).

Then look at Task Manager (I assume it still has the Performance Tab) and display the memory usage. Running on the desktop, rather than the tiles, leave it on top, somewhere you can work around it and watch the graph as you are working. You may then be able to see what is gobbling up memory as you work.

Collapse -
Same problem....brand new laptop
by blakegray03 / August 2, 2013 9:36 PM PDT

Hi Zouch,
I've been looking over your replies as I've had a similar problem. I bought this laptop about a month ago and never had a problem. Suddenly, as of two or three days ago I just can't keep any windows open. Chrome and Firefox at the same time never lasts long. I've chcked the memory usage in the tak manager and of the 4Gb In use is only ever 1.7Gb. 0.5Gb generally available until the warning pops up and Windows closes one of my windows.
Below it says 2.0Gb is Cached. Could this be the problem?
I think the odd thing is that this problem has arisen seemingly all of a sudden from nowhere.

Collapse -
Solved the problem
by blakegray03 / August 4, 2013 12:16 AM PDT

Hi.
I've solved the problem however I'm not 100% sure how. I did the following:
1- Disabled my gmail offline, and uninstalled google chrome before reinstalling it.
2- Restarted the computer (note, not Shut down and turned back on)

I noticed that almost 2Gb of my 3.8Gb was this weird "Modified Memory" which even stranger I could find little about online. So somewhere, whether it be my offline email, or updates for Windows or other, all of this 2Gb was sitting in my memory and not saved to my disk!
Things are thankfully back to normal.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.