Windows 7

Question

Windows 7 Update

by The.Duke / March 22, 2013 11:36 AM PDT

Hi there

I am trying to do a windows update on a HP Pavilion laptop and it keeps on saying that 7 updates failed I have tried to do one at a time but I keep on getting the same message. Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 Update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 Update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Which Updates? If NET Framework Updates.....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 22, 2013 12:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Windows 7 Update

....the fix has been discussed before.. First, uninstall ALL NET Framework from the computer, then reinstall again IF you actually need it.. Many do not have a need for NET Framework and therefore can leave it off the machine.. If a program need .NET in the future, it generally will ask you for it..

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Answer
Follow this link I suggest
by tallin / March 22, 2013 1:22 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Same here...
by oma_sam / March 31, 2013 9:19 AM PDT

I am trying to fix a friends computer (she knows even less than I do) and am having similiar and even more problems. I am wondering if I could wipe her hard drive and re-install. Problem is her 7 is Upgrade and I'm afraid we will need the "ghost" of the original OS to pass registration validation. Any idea's? She has a Toshiba Sattelite.

Collapse -
Re Same here...
by eugenerudenko / April 1, 2013 12:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Same here...

Well, if the above mentioned solutions do not help you then you may try reinstalling the Windows

Collapse -
The Satellite Should Have A Hidden Recovery Partition
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 1, 2013 11:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Same here...

Although you didn't mentioned the specific model number, many of the Toshiba models have a hidden Recovery Partition which can be used to wipe the drive (it eliminates EVERYTHING), and reinstall everything back to factory condition.. Check the Toshiba site for specific instructions but for many models, you restart the computer and immediately hold down the "0" key (that's the number zero "0" not the letter "O") till the recovery partition options are displayed.

Toshiba also has further instructions should that not work:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?ref=EV&soid=2687274&ct=SB

Once you reinstall the original OS, which is recommended since you're having multiple problems, then you can upgrade to Win7.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
The procedure is documented in the Toshiba User Guide
by wpgwpg / April 1, 2013 11:47 AM PDT

The Toshiba User Guide documents the procedure for those who can read. Mischief It's on the hard drive and can be found by clicking Start -> All Programs -> Toshiba -> Support and Recovery -> User Guide on my Toshiba Satellite L755.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.