Windows 7 forum

Question

Windows 7 Professional Enterprise 64 Bit

by manderson7697 / December 19, 2013 12:33 AM PST

When starting my system it comes up and says Windows is starting and normally with in about 4- 5 seconds windows icon comes up above that. I have noticed now that its taking about 2 minutes for the windows icon to come up and finish. Does anyone know how I can speed it up? Ive deleted %Temp% files,ran prefetch, cleanup, updated and ran antivirus. Ok.. Defrag..ok. msconfig

Help im out of ideas.

Thank You
Mike

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 Professional Enterprise 64 Bit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 Professional Enterprise 64 Bit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
You lucky dog.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2013 1:10 AM PST

Those Enterprise versions come with gold plated, velvet glove support. I'd head back to your IT or company and get them to support it and since it is the very expensive Enterprise version, if the IT is stumped remember they do have front line, better than average phone support too.

I wish I could afford this version.
Bob

Collapse -
This is my os
by manderson7697 / December 19, 2013 4:00 AM PST
In reply to: You lucky dog.

This is my Os. I don't have any support. That is why im looking for help.

Collapse -
How can that be?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2013 5:50 AM PST
In reply to: This is my os

All Enterprise versions are great things to have due to the price paid for them. The only time I find no-support is when it's been pirated or obtained in odd ways.

The only good news I can offer for those is that Microsoft may want to hear how you came to have this on your PC.

Sorry but for reasons you may want to ask about, you need to figure out why an Enterprise version is on your PC. It can cause many troubles as Microsoft has been known to issue a kill order over the networks if yours is something leaked widely.
Bob

Collapse -
Part of a class
by manderson7697 / December 19, 2013 6:35 AM PST
In reply to: How can that be?

Not at all this was part of a class. Ray Proffitt
Thank you

Collapse -
That's sad.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2013 6:41 AM PST
In reply to: Part of a class

Are you saying a teacher in a class helped you obtain an enterprise copy? That's sad.

Be aware you are treading so close to discussion lock since any copy that isn't legit isn't going to find support in most forums. It's a shame you have the suitcase of cash version without the usual support that goes with it.

My advice is to go back to the class and supplier to demand what you paid for.
Bob

Collapse -
If you're sure
by Jimmy Greystone / December 19, 2013 10:59 PM PST
In reply to: Part of a class

If you're sure it's a legit copy and the school was authorized to distribute it to students then you are entitled to the support that Bob talked about.

However, I'm with Bob on this one. In fact, I rather suspect you know it's not a legit copy, because your posts suggest that you already tried contacting Microsoft for support and they told you they don't support pirated copies. Either way, it's highly unlikely that copy of Windows is legit. If you were led to believe otherwise by the school, or someone working for the school, I'd be sure to take it up with them ASAP.

Collapse -
Answer
Let's find out more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 19, 2013 7:05 AM PST

When did this start? After your class installed this iffy license of this OS?

If so, consider installing the OS that used to work.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: long start
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 19, 2013 4:22 PM PST

Something is delaying it. If you can't find what that is and you have no way to go back, reinstalling Windows is the easy way out.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.