Computer Help forum

General discussion

windows 7 not supporting my webcam

by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 12:56 AM PST

hello ,
well i am using a TARGUS WEBCAM model no . AVCO401AP....
i have newly installed windows 7 on my desktop...after installing the OS as soon as i plugged my webcam it started working but the image quality degraded very much...previously i was using win xp...in that the ebcam was working very well...its a 1.3 megapixel webcam...but now after installing win 7 its working but with a very poor quality imaging...i checked the booklet i got with the webcam and its written that its compatible with win xp and vista...i hav also checked the official targus website for any driver for win 7 but failed to find 1..moreover i hav tested my webcam ina friends computer with win xp...and it working well and fine there...plzzzzz help...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: windows 7 not supporting my webcam
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: windows 7 not supporting my webcam
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just the usual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2010 1:27 AM PST

Try the Vista driver.

Collapse -
tried but nuthng happened
by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 2:05 AM PST
In reply to: Just the usual.

well i just downloded the vista driver and installed it..but nuthng happened...even restarted my pc

Collapse -
See below.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2010 2:26 AM PST

A product link would be best but get ready to get another cam.

Collapse -
model no.
by jeff_windows_team / February 26, 2010 2:24 AM PST

I Binged that model number and this thread on Cnet was the only result. Can you double check the model number so I can help look for a driver?

Collapse -
model number
by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 2:31 AM PST
In reply to: model no.

actually this targus webcam is marketed by HP(HEWLETT PACKARD)....on the pack i didnt found any model number as such,...i just found two numbers related to model...they are
AVCO401AP
and
AVCO4AP

Collapse -
web cam
by jeff_windows_team / February 26, 2010 3:03 AM PST
In reply to: model number

Not seeing anything online or in the Windows 7 Compatibility Center. How old is this webcam?

Collapse -
Change
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2010 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: web cam

The "O" to a zero. Then you start to find models. The owner still must get this right or it's just more e-waste.

Collapse -
You say its from HP?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2010 2:59 AM PST
Collapse -
targus webcam not HP
by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: You say its from HP?

hey bob the webcam is just marketted by HP....its nt HP's webcam..its targus...so in that link you gave me none of them is mine....and my webcame is hardly 2 months old...i purchased it on 4rth jan approx

Collapse -
the model
by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 3:17 AM PST
In reply to: targus webcam not HP
Collapse -
driver
by jeff_windows_team / February 26, 2010 3:29 AM PST
In reply to: the model

When I scroll down on that page I see a link for a driver....

Collapse -
driver
by lordachyut / February 26, 2010 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: driver

well i hav dwnloded that driver but in that page also it written that compatible with xp and vista only...still let me check what that driver can do

Collapse -
can you upload driver for vista/xp in something like 4shared
by philipug / September 19, 2013 2:56 AM PDT
In reply to: driver

i have lost driver disk...too .above link says page has moved,.....can you please.... consider uploading the driver for xp/vista to something like 4shared.com....please...thanks in advance....have targus/hp 1.3 mp cam too.....

Collapse -
Update.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 19, 2013 3:07 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.