Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Windows 7 display driver problem with intel D845 GVSR board

by aniruddha_3-7-08 / September 12, 2009 6:33 PM PDT

I have installed 32 bit Win 7 OS on my PC .I have 1 GB RAM. I have intel D845 GVSR board . On this board ,for drivers, I tried installing win xp drivers amongst which win 7 has detected audio drivers of XP but no luck on display drivers. I have tried upgrading display drivers , its still struggling. Can any one have any idea, how to deal with this pbm ? Does my PC board compatible with Win 07 ? If n , plz sugggest any work around.

thanks in advance

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 display driver problem with intel D845 GVSR board
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 display driver problem with intel D845 GVSR board
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 12, 2009 9:19 PM PDT

Did you head to and see if they offered Vista or later drivers? I can't tell if you did.

Collapse -
yes I did
by aniruddha_3-7-08 / September 12, 2009 10:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Did you?

I did visit to intel site but didnt get the updates on drivers updates for my PC model mother board. Having said that , I expect, if any work around or any kind of driver installer link that could help in solving the pbm.

Collapse -
No Vista drivers = no luck.
by Kees Bakker / September 12, 2009 10:22 PM PDT
In reply to: yes I did

Back to XP then.

Collapse -
RE:Did you????
by gawandeprasad / September 12, 2009 10:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Did you?

There are no VISTA or win 7 drivers on INTEL's site for D845GVSR board.

Collapse -
Then it's back to XP.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 12, 2009 10:39 PM PDT
In reply to: RE:Did you????

This and many other boards are not going to move to 7. We saw this in XP, Vista and of course with each release. Not all boards get support.

Collapse -
Well your laptop must be older
by orlbuckeye / September 13, 2009 12:34 AM PDT

since most of the pc's sold with at least 2 gig in the last 3 years. If your PC is older then Vista you may only find XP drivers since the hardware manufacturers concentrated on new software when they designed drivers.

Collapse -
How about?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2009 2:37 AM PDT

Forget about the onboard display. Add a video card.

Collapse -
by coyote_1969 / July 3, 2011 4:37 PM PDT
In reply to: How about?
Collapse -
drivers for 845 chipset and Windows 7

Hi, we just installed W7 on a dell2400 with the 845gv chipset and we had the problem of the resolution being very low. W7 only installed a generic vga driver. Any attempts to find and install a W7 driver failed. However, use the latest XP driver. (link below) save it to your desktop and right click it and run it in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 and then run as Administrator, it will then install as if it were running on xp and then you will be able to have normal graphics.
But in our case the video card was so outdated and slow that Aero will not work. We were stumped for awhile but it works great now.

Collapse -
driver problem
by Rmiller2103 / June 29, 2010 4:54 PM PDT

hey, seems your display driver is not right or is not the latest.

chk your motherboards brand and model n go to manufacturers website for latest update 4 your display

u can also use some driver updater app. like Driver Detective, Driver Agent or Driver Updater provided in Advanced System Optimizer dey will get you the latest updates 4 ur drivers so u dnt hve to search them.

u can try dere trial version to see if dey show updates. I prefer Driver Updater as with it I hve to just scan n update all my drivers in single click.

The best part is if it installed incorrect driver then I can roll back using their restore facility.

you can download Advanced System Optimizer from cnet itself

Collapse -
We don't recommend
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 29, 2010 8:28 PM PDT
In reply to: driver problem

We don't recommend "System optimisers" in these forums. We get too many horror stories where they've been used and dis-optimised systems.

As to driver-detective utilities, similar stories where an incorrect driver has been recommended and has failed.

There's no easy way to hunt down drivers except manually.

Collapse -
my VGA drivers

i dont have VGA drivers for windows 7(ultimate) 32bit please help me
my email address is (

Collapse -
Posible soluci
by edogonb / June 24, 2010 4:37 PM PDT
In reply to: my VGA drivers

Espero le funcione:
1. Busque los drivers para windows XP
2. Descomprimalos en una carpeta, por ejemplo "C:\driver"
3. Busque el instalador (install.exe o setup.exe)
4. Cambie las propiedades para que la compatibilidad sea de windows XP con service pack 2. (Clic derecho, propiedades, compatibilidad, y selecciona Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
5. Corra el archivo de instalaci

Collapse -
Try this, I ran - Pruebe esto, a m
by edogonb / June 24, 2010 4:44 PM PDT

I hope it works:
1. Search drivers for Windows XP
2. Decompress it in a folder, eg "C:\driver"
3. Locate the installer (install.exe or setup.exe)
4. Change the properties to be compatible with Windows XP service pack2(Right Click, properties, compatibility, and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
5. Run the setup file (install.exe or setup.exe)
6. Good luck:)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.