Windows 7

Question

Windows 7 Backup disc full

by Mouser20 / January 16, 2013 3:56 AM PST

I have an HP Presario CQ57 laptop with windows 7 Premium. I keep getting the message that my backup disc is full,,like the others:
Data file backups for this computer on HP_TOOLS (E:) and the D: are both full, when I try to delete either one I get told "you will not be able to restore files from this computer from backup" how can I solve this problem,,I did do a DELETE and run backup now but it lasts less than a week. I use my laptop for info and games,,not business.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 Backup disc full
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 Backup disc full
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Same as before.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2013 4:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Windows 7 Backup disc full
by Mouser20 / January 16, 2013 4:44 AM PST
In reply to: Same as before.

I am using Google Chrome and I don;t have Explorer option in my Registry Editor?

Collapse -
Then have your support folk do this for you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2013 4:48 AM PST

The link looked clear enough for me. That is, if you don't have the key, you create it. But for many users this is too advanced and you wait till your support shows up.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
I am planning to purchase a 500GB Hard Drive
by DChrisL / January 16, 2013 4:04 AM PST

It will replace D:) HP Recovery and that will be deleted and the new drive will be D: but I will use NERO BackItUp to create all my active files - not the old ones from I bought from HP Recovery Disks (4) and one was not usable (5). I won't be creating another drive. Darrell PS - I met someone from Office Depot who had done thwe same. Darrell

Collapse -
Also, I had purchased both sata connectors for this, cost
by DChrisL / January 16, 2013 4:07 AM PST

was $10 from a reliable computer store.

Collapse -
Window 7 and Window 8
by DailyRazor / January 17, 2013 1:22 AM PST

What is best , window 7 or window 8 ?

Collapse -
YOU DECIDE THAT!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: Window 7 and Window 8

It's a shame MSFT let Sinfsky bludgeon the Start bar.

Collapse -
Answer
disc full
by tinamishra / January 21, 2013 3:14 PM PST
Blush While taking back up if disc full then. Time Machine automatically deletes the oldest copy of files, but as far as I can tell Windows 7 makes you manually choose. I keep getting a running out of disk space for backup notice on Windows 7 without any option to not warn me and just delete the oldest files automatically. Happy
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.