Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Windows 7 - 64 Bit Driver Needed For Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Model SB0100

by marcbkk / March 2, 2010 1:17 PM PST

I am having trouble finding a working driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit for a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Audo Card Model# SB0100

I downloaded driver file SBL_PC64DRVBETA_LB_2_03_0005.exe which I think is a 64 Bit Sound Blaster Live! update, but Windows 7 does not allow it to be installed because it is not a digitally signed driver. It also seems Creative is no longer supporting these old cards with new driver updates.

I love the card though. I have bought more recent sound cards and the sound of this card is still much better than the more recent sound cards I have bought. So I would like to keep using it if possible.

Are there any driver solutions?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 7 - 64 Bit Driver Needed For Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Model SB0100
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 7 - 64 Bit Driver Needed For Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Model SB0100
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you tried

setting automatic updates in control panel > windows update and then uninstalling the sound card in hardware manager and then restarting windows, it should go to windows update site and seek a suitable driver, assuming the hardware is compatable. This works very well for slightly mature printers I have found when the manufacturer is unable or unwilling to supply a specific win7 driver

Collapse -
Have you tried
by marcbkk / March 3, 2010 9:37 PM PST
In reply to: Have you tried

Many thanks for this. Unfortunately the card is too old such that Creative is not supporting it anymore with driver updates for Windows 7.

Collapse -
The digital signing doesn't prevent installation

You can try to force it. It just means MS isn't taking the time to qualify the driver and not that it will block you from attempting to install it.

Collapse -
The digital signing doesn't prevent installation
by marcbkk / March 3, 2010 9:38 PM PST

Thanks, it seems in Windows 7 they don't allow you to turn off that function anymore. Everything has to be digitally signed.

Collapse -
Drivers...
Collapse -
Drivers...
by marcbkk / March 3, 2010 9:42 PM PST
In reply to: Drivers...

Thanks Cassandra. That was a really good suggestion, but today I ended out and just buying a new one for around $22 from Creative. It is basically the same card, but 10 years newer. A shame though to have to spend the money when the old card still worked just fine, but that a driver couldn't be found for it. That is how it goes sometimes I guess when they want to force you to buy new hardware even though the old hardware still works fine Happy

Collapse -
64 bit Win 7 Drivers for SB Live

To late now, but check here http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/ I have a retail SB Live 5.1 and a Live Platnium with a Live Drive running on the beta drivers with no issues so far. A learning curve and they won't work on all cards (pay attention to the family that will work with the drivers).

I m getting at least basic functions and surround...

Collapse -
sb live 5.1 sb0100 windows 7 x64
by foolish1979 / January 29, 2011 7:52 AM PST
Collapse -
SB0100

Hi I have the same audio card but does not work on 7 can you give me a link from kude buy it?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.