Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Windows 2000NT

by mlgloverandrews / March 31, 2011 9:11 AM PDT

I have a used computer windows 2000nt, and I cannot log in, even in safe mode. I keep getting an error message - lon in incorrect.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Windows 2000NT
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Windows 2000NT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's used.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 11:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Windows 2000NT

The solution is simple. Reinstall the OS. It's far too dangerous to use it any other way. Here's way.

I was chatting with my friend about a dastardly scheme to collect credit card and more information. Just give away the free computers with what you want hidden inside to collect the info.

No virus, no trojan so no scanner finds it.

Hope this makes sense to you.
Bob

Collapse -
windows 2000nt
by mlgloverandrews / March 31, 2011 12:10 PM PDT
In reply to: It's used.

How do I re-install the os? What is the process?

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 31, 2011 12:12 PM PDT
In reply to: windows 2000nt

How to install Windows 2000 is widely documented. The short version is boot the Windows 2000 CD and follow the prompts. Then install the drivers and protection software.
Bob

Collapse -
Windows 2000nt
by mlgloverandrews / March 31, 2011 12:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

Is this something I should already have..windows 2000 CD? I do not have anything to go with this computer.
Please advise.

Collapse -
If you don't have the CD.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 1, 2011 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Windows 2000nt

Then you install what you have.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.