Spyware, Viruses, & Security

Alert

winbus trojan

by wolfieffs / December 3, 2012 4:20 PM PST

This program should be taken off downloads immediately , the people who run this used to run yepic a trojanned yahoo chat client , winbus is just a addition to that , they propose and have been promiting it in yahoo rooms as a answer to yahoo closing , yet they have already been caught selling anyone that pays and joins information , including there real name , phone number and address , this is a dangerous program to download as they run it through there own server without any real moderation to who has access to the server and its client base , when they ran yepic and u argued with them in chat they would d/c you and doss your ip , uknown to them i had two id's in on different servers monitoring this and recorded , thats why they closed yepic down as i said i would sue them for basically hacking my pc .

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: winbus trojan
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: winbus trojan
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Win Bus is an experimental work-in-progress
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: winbus trojan

Looking at this I see no reason to install it. Are you telling us that it's time to shut down any developer that wants to develop something new that could be buggy or worse?

If you want to report a download.com item, please add the link so we are sure to alert the right item.
Bob

Collapse -
lol@buggy
by wolfieffs / December 4, 2012 12:27 PM PST

These people are the makers of yepic which they trojaned , if you got into any argument in yahoo chat with them and you were using their yepic they would dc you and lock the id you were using , this was recorded for legal reasons and yepic was stopped within a week . They then tried to release a paid for version and did the same thing again to the unknowning , also releasing personal and private details in chat rooms of people who had fallen out with them , including there real identity and there bank , phone , address details , no doubt they will do this again , as a former part owner of a site we banned them from using our site to promote it , you wont find this rubbish on any decent site , any honest developer does not doss your ip or release your personal details just because they dont want you telling others what they are up to .

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks. I've reported this for you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 12:48 PM PST
In reply to: link
Collapse -
We will take another look at WinBus Messenger
by CNETSupport / December 5, 2012 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: link

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take issues of this nature very seriously, and have forwarded your comments on to our Product Management Team so they may take another look at this product and ensure that it meets our standards of quality.

If they find any issues, they will temporarily remove the product from our library and notify the publisher of the problem.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused in the meantime.

In future, please feel free to contact our support team directly with issues of this nature. To do so, just fill out the form on the following page and click the "Submit" button when you are done:

http://t.cnet.com/PS6r5c

Sincerely,
Jen
CNET Customer Help

Collapse -
Hello Jen
by WinBus / December 16, 2012 3:18 AM PST

Hello Jen i am Herb an admin from winbus and our software is 100% clean and the tech team that has checked it will tell you, i am very sure the tech team at cnet will tell you the same thing the user wolfie was banned from winbus over 2 years ago for making threats to the network the software and the developer himself this is a ploy to get cnet to look into winbus but as i can see when i submit updates your team takes 6 to 8 days to post one of our updates so i know they look at the software very well so their users are safe from infections but i had to reply to this because i know who wolfie is and he's been a problem for our network and our users from day one. We've had over 2000 downloads in 2 weeks and yahoo has just closed chat so most of the users are coming to our network and wolfie was a yahoo regular and he's very upset now because he knows he's not welcome on the network and all of his friends are coming to winbus

Collapse -
Wolffies' comments do raise concerns
by alberttrustworthy / December 24, 2012 8:38 PM PST

hello CNET, about this matter, personally i think wolffie's comments do raise serious concern; as a new Winbus user, i want to feel 1000% secured that my privacy will not be violated without my knowledge and permission by anyone operating a beta or continuing established program; by now everyone knows just how dangerous chats can be, many bad things tend to happen in and out of those virtual environments, especially when chat users have a tendency to "trust strangers easily and without knowing exactly who they speak and socialize with at the other side of the pc screen"; but of more concern are the accusations that wolffie makes here that somehow the developers of Winbus have engaged in the unethical practice of selling or releasing users' personal information such as bank accounts, real names, addresses, etc. To me this this makes me very afraid of using Winbus, should those statements be true, and i imagine that the developers or managers of Winbus are serious professional people holding high moral and ethical standards who would not engage in this kind of abusive and deceptive conduct; and to the extent that they are trying to promote a new beta program that has recently absorbed the huge wave of exyahoo messenger chat users, i also believe that it is the company's goal to secure users' basic/limited rights and privileges in using Winbus, particular their rights to privacy;

i mean there is a level trust and responsibility that most chat users place against the company operating the chat and especially when people from various countries are invited to download and to use a program that to any reasonable person appears to be a safe communications environment; most chat users do not even consider these things, if fact they are not really aware about these issues affecting their rights; but again i personally would like to know that Winbus is a safe program where i can chat without having to worry and to fear losing some or all of my privacy, privacy rights that may or may not be protected fully under constitutional, state or other law of my country;

wolfie's comments, besides whatever his motives for posting that information here, be he a troublemaker at winbus or not, would at most demand some explanation and clarification and assurance by Winbus developers or the operating company that no such unlawful unethical conduct would take place while people use the program Winbus; this i think needs to be made very clear because for what i see that part of wolfies' comments was not addressed by the winbus moderator;

nonetheless, i personally like winbus, it is much better than yahoo in many respects; as i have noticed, there is now the possibility that people may talk "normally" and "peacefully" and "decently", something that was not always possible at yahoo messenger chat where often people would get booted, abused and mistreated without any assistance provided by yahoo; many of the complaints posted with yahoo! went unanswered and no one really moderated the conduct and activity happening in the rooms;

still i think wolffie's behavior is typical of what one sees in chats; there is always that side of the virtual experience that appeals more to the negative, the offensive, the wicked, the violent and the dangerous; as in the real world, you would see bad people and good people, decent respectful sincere people and false wicked mischievous people; people with bad habits or who have no morals, and people who are just well educated clean and open minded and or people who are quite respectful in the way the think and behave before others;

hence wolffies behavior is the normal of what one sees at chats, and to this extent there is really no practical way to remove bad offensive chatters like wolffie, should he, in fact, be a bad person; that i don't know; in fact i don't know him at all, never met him, never talked to him, just i happen to enter this page and read the above comments and the ensuing replies left thereafter; but who knows, maybe wolffie is a real nice decent professional simple clean-cut kind of guy who never bothers anyone in the real world!? again who knows? and as you might understand, in chats sometimes people put on these fictitious personalities as a way of playing a role or being someone they are not in real person;

regardless, i will continue using Winbus, personally i am glad that there is another chat out there after yahoo! closed the doors of its famous messenger chat; yet i am still very seriously concerned about this idea of privacy, as i said before, and also the other statements that they had operated a trojaned program and that they run their program on private servers; i would like to hear from Winbus about what measures they've taken to guarantee their users a minimal level of security concerning their privacy? also to what extent they plan to inform or to communicate to their users about what they are doing about it? certainly people at Winbus or anywhere else for that matter will not want to have their real names, addresses, bank account, credit information and other personal information released to others (individuals, government, organizations or third party companies) without their knowledge and consent; i think facebook got into trouble a while ago for doing so? also yahoo! ran into some problems concerning privacy when they released info to china years ago?

very well, thank you CNET for considering my comments and i hope that things do continue to work well for winbus; so far i've downloaded and installed the program without experiencing any problems, it has been a nice experience to chat there as i now see that people are more peaceful respectful and friendly; and i think that your company should regard Winbus as "a good download and program to recommend to others of your community";

wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

alberttrustworthy

Collapse -
WINBUS IS THE CLEANEST PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN
by zorrowx / February 25, 2013 2:19 PM PST
I am a Winbus chat regular user since yahoo chat closed, and have about 200 members to whom i recomended winbus and no one has a complaint against me for giving them the advice of installing Winbus in their pc s.Also have female friends who have installed it on smart phones.
Also have checked my pc for Winbus hidden stuff and havent found ...... nothing.
I believe this wolfie is an ex yahoo nerd! who being unable to create software against Winbus
is trying to distroy Winbus image!
thanks .
Zorrowx
<div>

</div>
Collapse -
I also found Win Bus to be clean..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / February 27, 2013 2:15 AM PST

I ran varied tests last week. There were no problems to be found. As Herb (WinBus) pointed out in his recent post,. there hasn't been one other complaint. If you perform a forum search (as I did) you will find this to be true.

My only regret is that I didn't post my findings sooner. In an effort to avoid further discussion, I'm going to lock this thread.

Carol

Collapse -
by WinBus / December 16, 2012 3:08 AM PST

Hello my name is her i'm an admin on WinBus messenger i upload the updates for winbus and i just want it to been known the user wolfieffs was banned from winbus because he made threats to the software and it's designer that would be the only reason he's here doing this, he has been a thorn in the developers side for a long time because he was banned from the use of the developers yahoo chat client the people at cnet have taken apart winbus i'm sure and have seen it's clean and the only reason wolfie is here trying to get cnet to take it off is because he was banned and is no longer welcome on the winbus network as i stated he's made threats to the software the users and the creator since winbus was launched

Collapse -
by WinBus / December 16, 2012 3:27 AM PST
In reply to: Reply

Oh and one more thing, the reason yepic was made a private premium service is because of users like wolfie Y!Epic had 44 thousand users in it's prime and a few were like wolfie using someones software "FREE" and then making threats to them that's why Y!Epic was made a private pay program it was never shut down it was used till the last day of yahoo chat

Collapse -
the truth
by wolfieffs / February 21, 2013 12:59 PM PST

I am wolfie , i have never joined winbus and anyone who says i did is a liar , herb the wannbe thinks he is some programming guru , to funny we tolerated him on several of our sites , the maker of so called yepic lee trojaned yepic and that was proven , thats why he and his cronies closed it down , yepic was based on ymlite when craig made it a open source , these jokers used to use winbus to split the sound servers on yahoo , unfortunately for these so called wizz kids , i could still hold the mic as i could get both sides , i even sent these woodentops screen shots showing it , they were and are that dumb that they typed there replies , now if you have the mic why type , it was not only laughable but totally pathectic , lee shut down yepic as soon as i posted the prove on several sites , then updated it and sold it as a safe program to people , those who also joined winbus and fell out with the admins had there id's taken , threats made against them in yahoo chat and there personal details released for all to see . Also while running the trojanned yepic the complete noddy's forgot that they might be in your pc but for some one with better skills than them you can reverse the process and they were hacked , the reason they were hacked was because they had led everyone to believe yepic was a good and safe chat client , then lee and some of his hangers on tried to take me on in chat , i was using multi clients at that time including yepic , lee the idiot told me to shut up or he would take my id , which he did , it closed yepic and my id was gone , i said try again this is being recorded on cam big head , he left , 7 days later if you tried to update it uninstalled itself from your pc , not trojanned or injected to funny , use winbus at your own risk , read my other posts on cnet , i have always tried to protect people , this lot from winbus are hackers .

Collapse -
Ok this will be the end of this
by WinBus / February 21, 2013 9:34 PM PST
In reply to: the truth

CNET not sure why you let this person keep posting here we have 7 thousand downloads but not one report from a user on here, this is a lifetime chatter from Yahoo and is upset over it being closed and if winbus is trojaned why is he the only one reporting this when we have 1500 user's in WinBus chat at any given time.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.