Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

WINAMP Vs ITUNES

by ranger93 / December 18, 2007 11:45 AM PST

I just Want To Know What is Better to Use? Ive Used ITUNES for Years. People have Told Me Not To Use ITUNES because it Copies Tunes I Download From Or Transfer To

What does WINAMP do That ITUNES DOES NOT I Found an Article in a Local NewsPaper that I Should Download To WINAMP from My IPOD & Other Devices

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: WINAMP Vs ITUNES
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: WINAMP Vs ITUNES
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Doesn't make a good argument.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2007 11:16 PM PST
In reply to: WINAMP Vs ITUNES

"People have Told Me Not To Use ITUNES because it Copies Tunes I Download From Or Transfer To"

I think more research should be done. You will find some that rail against anything popular such as Windows or iTunes or iPod or pick-something.

There is no issue with the above or if there is I'm sure there is a setting to set it to do what you want. Go with your choice.

Bob

Collapse -
WINAMP Vs ITUNES
by ranger93 / December 19, 2007 3:05 AM PST

THANKS I Just hear From People Who Use Music Tools That Itunes Is Not Good? I have Not had any Trouble with it.

I use LIMEWIRE to Find Tunes Then Transfer to ITUNES. LIMEWIRE does Hve Tunes I can NOT Find on ITUNES.

Collapse -
iTunes and other music management programs....
by Doug_San Diego / December 28, 2007 12:19 PM PST

i've used Dell (Yahoo) Music Match JukeBox some. did not like much.

never used WinAmp. not really sure how it works at all.

i've previously used REAL Player for years. i really like their set-up. BUT their downloads are NOT iPod compatiable.

i now have iPod, and thus i use iTunes.

IMO - iTunes music management program is also very good.

if a person uses an iPod, then iTunes is likely the easist for the average user, unless you are a bit more computer savvy.

if you don't use an iPod, then i feel REAL Player, or WinAmp would also likely be fine to use as PC music "players" or "burners".

Collapse -
itunes vs winamp
by katherine003 / July 9, 2009 10:41 AM PDT

I used Itunes for years myself and found i could not delete anything or it would delete from my ipod everytime I hooked it up.. Winamp doesn't do that. I have put over 10,000 songs and movies on my ipod and have never lost one. I can delete all music on winamp and start over with new music and never lose any songs on my ipod. you can't do that with itunes, with out running out of space. I recently got a ipod touch and found out I can't transfer any of my music to my new ipod cause itunes don't have enough room to support all my music... I use to use limewire and frost wire but i found utorrent is the best.. its faster.. and you can down load whole albums. top 100 songs from the 70's or todays.

Collapse -
Winamp vs. iTunes
by panteiro / January 6, 2010 2:48 AM PST

Well, iTunes`s for those who don`t wanna be tied up with their music library and those who have an iPod. But Winamp`s more useful becaise of it`s functions and useability. It`s simplier=)
Well and I think iTunes`s for Mac users not for PC`s:)

Collapse -
Winamp vs. iTunes 2
by panteiro / January 6, 2010 2:52 AM PST
In reply to: Winamp vs. iTunes
Collapse -
Winamp is any day better over iTune
by ruzveh / May 14, 2011 12:18 AM PDT

I dont know that but i can clearly tell u the difference btw the music played in winamp and itune. Itune is really not good performer when ur listening to music. Winamp performs so much better that u can actually tell the difference. Test it urself. I love playing all my collection on winamp and its a big thumbs up

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.