I just had Uverse installed and the tech knew that there is a security/windows7/UVERSE modem router issue.
Let me check what we use.
1. WPA/WPA2 PSK for security.
2. Go to the uverse modem/router setup page under LAN, Wireless (mine is:
http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1 and set "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" to DISABLED.
My wife has the HP DV7 and Windows 7. It works fine now.
We purchased an HP Pavillion DV7 laptop for my wife. Nice big screen, numeric keypad, Blu-Ray drive, not too shabby.
Well, it worked just fine on our open WiFi network until recently when it just up and decided to stop connecting. The wired netowrk works, and the WiFi connection can SEE the wireless network in our house, but it refuses to connect.
The WiFi network is provided by our AT&T Uverse (2wire) router. My Mac Pro and MacBook Pro can see the network and log in without any issues.
Things I have tried:
- Resetting the router to factory defaults and then turning off WEP (it's an open netowrk, no passwords or encryption).
- Deleting the wireless profile for this network from the "Manage Wireless Networks" panel in Win7 and re-connecting.
- Turning off and back on the wireless antenna on the HP Laptop
- Using the Windows connection troubleshooter (completely useless)
I'm used to using a Mac. This stuff should just work. Please help if you can, I'm totally lost here.