iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Will you buy iPhone 5 if they release it?

by GoogleFacebookiPhone / September 18, 2011 6:44 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> Will you buy iPhone if Apple releases it. And Why you will be buying it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will you buy iPhone 5 if they release it?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will you buy iPhone 5 if they release it?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nope . . .
by Coryphaeus / September 19, 2011 1:07 AM PDT

Happy with my 3G-S.

Collapse -
by platinumorange / September 19, 2011 5:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Nope . . .

Not unless it has a physical keyboard.

Collapse -
by blueyesparkle4u / October 2, 2011 10:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Nope!

....agreeded....I guess I am one in a million that do NOT like touch screens. I have a Nokia E71 and love the fact that I can use the QWERTY keyboard. It may not have all the bells and whisles that the iPhone or Android may have, but I do love Nokia's dependability!

Collapse -
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 19, 2011 4:39 AM PDT

Stick w/ my current Droid X since I have used an iPhone 4 and am happier with the Android OS.

Collapse -
Iphone 5
by CyberWeez / September 19, 2011 5:30 AM PDT

You got it!

Collapse -
by mental1000 / September 19, 2011 6:02 AM PDT

I have a 3 gs and waiting for iphone 5 to come out. I trust apple products because they are reliable. Iphone is the industry setter, everyone compares against iphone.
Iphone just works.

Collapse -
Ready to buy
by jfragale3 / September 19, 2011 7:30 AM PDT

I've been waiting patiently, but come on already. Let's get them out there.

Collapse -
If it had 4G data...
by make_or_break / September 20, 2011 3:33 PM PDT

...I'd seriously consider it. I've gotten far too used to and spoiled using Verizon's 4G LTE network to want to go back now, even if it means putting up with the quirks of my Droid Charge.

Collapse -
by AJITMEN / September 21, 2011 3:15 AM PDT

Will buy

Collapse -
by ristekocev / September 21, 2011 8:03 AM PDT

I want to buy iphone, do not have much experience with them, whether good, and easy tokoristenje that you advise me?thanks

Collapse -
Are you kidding
by Kent_Davis / September 21, 2011 9:33 PM PDT

there is no way I would buy n Apple product

it is all hype and they are good at it
but once you have it it is a locked system that you cannot do anything with that APple cannot control. Plus EVERYTHING you put on it costs money. Not everything in the world is closed source and costs money and has an Apple on it

but, there are people out there that will continue to think that this is the only thing that works and that it is the best thing since sliced bread - well guess what IT IS NOT PEOPLE

Love the hype - will they release a new phone that is essentially the same one they released last year? of course they will! and they will happily take your money for a new device a brainwashed people of the world!

did they lose ANOTHER phone? of course they did not! just like they did not the first time--- it is just a ploy to get Apple in the media and to get people talking! and guess what! they are so smart they use the same stuff over and over again and everyone keeps falling for it (ha ha)
I just sit back and laugh - oh wait yeah---- this time they impersonated police officers OOOOOO!

meanwhile other companies just keep on cranking out phones and upgrading their software and doing life as it should be done -- let's see WHO wins in the long term people.

Have fun with your iPhone5 (how original) and let me see... what do you you think it will be in 10 years oh I know .... the iPhone15 right? got to keep it simple for you Apple folks! I bet Apple wil not be around in ten years.... THAT IS MY PREDICTION!

gotta love it as I chuckle to myself.....

Collapse -
What a dope!
by NPMcC / September 22, 2011 7:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Are you kidding

Clearly this idjit has no experience with Apple products. Too bad. It would be a life experience for him.

Collapse -
Watch it !!
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 22, 2011 8:39 AM PDT
In reply to: What a dope!

Further insults will result in a ban from this forum. Flaming (insulting) is against forum rules. Keep it civil.

Collapse -
Watch it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2011 5:33 AM PDT

Or else we'll use the duck tape.

Collapse -
Please be open mind...
by BulletGone / September 27, 2011 12:23 AM PDT

I used to use a company's BlackBerry and no one in the company enjoy using it. I recently switch job and my new company offer choice of BlackBerry or iPhone. It's obvious choice for me to get the iPhone4. I've been using it for about 5 months now and here is my first take:

Collapse -
Check out the Samsung Focus
by Fi0S-Dave / September 30, 2011 5:07 PM PDT
In reply to: Please be open mind...

Or any Windows 7.5 Smartphone. They can basically do all that and more!
I have seven e-mail providers and each has a live tile on my home screen.
This means that whenever I get any e-mail to ANY account, it shows up on
my home screen with an alert.
I can also diect sll e-mail to one account, etc. I use Hotnail on my PC and
my address book is automatically reflected on my phone!
Very nice!

Collapse -
good post
by jffw / September 30, 2011 10:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Are you kidding

if they are stupid enough to lose a phone, don't trust them. and we don't trust you enough to change your own battery, plus we can charge you to do it, and sell you all kinds of stupid charging acc. and you wonder why apple has so much money !!!

Collapse -
Only if mine breaks
by moore2772 / September 22, 2011 1:58 AM PDT

Am very happy with my iPhone 4, esp. as long as software updates keep coming. Unless I lose or break mine, I'm keeping it. Not worth taking the hit with my phone plan yet either. Apple makes things that last a while, an advantage I'm planning to capitalize on.

Collapse -
iPhone 5
by notdum / September 22, 2011 7:00 AM PDT

I'd buy it if it has LTE !! I won't if it doesn't

Collapse -
Still undecided
by Us- / September 22, 2011 12:26 PM PDT

Will have to see all that is available when our contracts come up, which will be in January if I remember correctly.

Collapse -
Sure will
by airlaw12 / September 24, 2011 10:30 AM PDT

Our family will buy 5 iphone5s. Goodbye Blackberry.

Collapse -
You Bet!!
by jimphilly / September 25, 2011 9:26 AM PDT

I've had a 3G for almost 2 years. The phone works great but its slow and the battery needs to be charged more often anymore. I'm ready for a new one, why not the 5?

Collapse -
iPhone 4!
by mobileappslink / September 26, 2011 2:42 AM PDT

I'm good with iPhone 4...for now Happy

Collapse -
You bet, still on my iPhone 3G
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / September 29, 2011 8:52 AM PDT

time to upgrade, my phone is on its last leg.

Collapse -
(NT) My Gen 1 is on its knees!
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / September 29, 2011 9:55 AM PDT
Collapse -
My Gen 1 is actually in better shape than my 3G...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / September 29, 2011 9:59 AM PDT

and the catch is, my kids use it as an iPod touch...

Collapse -
(NT) Happy with my Droid Charge 4G
by msecour / September 30, 2011 10:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
Buying the iPhone 5
by robert86 / September 30, 2011 10:26 AM PDT

I will be upgrading my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, can't wait.

Collapse -
Another Android User
by Bob_Meyer / September 30, 2011 10:32 AM PDT

I occasionally lust after iPhones and iPads, but I'm generally not willing to pay the Apple Tax. And I'm an old retired guy, so I don't have to impress anybody. I'm happy with my HTC Inspire 4G.

Collapse -
Apple Tax!
by ultraboing / September 30, 2011 10:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Another Android User

Apple Tax - I love it!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.