DOJ and reporters
Eric Holder, Lerner, et al
Snowden leaking in HongKong like a sieve
Sequestration
Food Stamps out of control
Immigration 'reform' going nowhere without border controls in place
Unemployment still in crisis
Feds still printing money for QE crap

And what is he doing? Planning a $60 Million vacation to Africa with his wife and kids.........That's a fifth of what it would cost to build the fence on the border.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Will BO ever be criticized
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Will BO ever be criticized
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Why? Don't you do enough of it?
by Diana Forum moderator / June 17, 2013 3:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
Evidently not enough
by TONI H / June 17, 2013 8:31 PM PDT

for the liberals here to ever agree with my point of view when he does something that any Republican would be tarred and feathered for.....and evidently not enough for liberal rags to be up in arms over. Remember Gonzales and how quickly the left demanded his resignation over the attorney firing? Not a word about Holder, and yet his crap record goes back to the Clinton pardon days........Holder gets a pass, even for lying to Congress, being either arrogant or totally inept with his own agenda that seems to fit in with what BO desires, being held in Contempt of Congress still. All this Prez administration is being led to do is stall, stall, stall........never give hearings the information they are looking for, and hope to hell the voters don't notice the number of scandals rocking the boat before the 2014 elections. You can't keep blaming Congress for not doing their jobs when you have an entire administration refusing to do theirs and a liberal media looking the other way and refusing to even report on the mess.

Collapse -
(NT) When was the last time you agreed with the liberal POV?
by Diana Forum moderator / June 18, 2013 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Evidently not enough
Collapse -
When was the last time a liberal
by TONI H / June 18, 2013 2:55 AM PDT

wasn't looking to expand 'good intentions' programs in order to further their own agenda? When was the last time a liberal wasn't looking to take from a capitalistic society in order to provide for a social welfare one instead and then turn around at the same time and criticize the capitalists as greedy pigs? When was the last time a liberal wasn't looking the other way with illegal immigrants, allowing the numbers to reach into the tens of millions and then demand amnesty, the right to drive, the right to collect on the backs of working legals, the right to not be deported even though they broke the law from the first step across our border? When was the last time a liberal realized that millions of legals are without work and they are doing nothing to change that....all the while demanding that Obamacare be not only paid for by working legals but provide subsidies in order for those out of work to pay for their own hospitalization and if they don't they will be penalized for it. When was the last time a liberal realized that 'one size does NOT fit all' but force people to buy it anyhow......all the while lying to the people regarding their current hospitalization coverage and doctors since they will no longer get to keep what they had?

When liberals stop taking over the food I eat, the size drink I want to buy, forcing me to ask for salt in a restaurant instead of having it on the table anymore, forcing prices up higher and higher with regulations that aren't necessary such as labels that consumers don't even read even in restaurants, forcing prices on vehicles higher and higher because they don't like oil even though we have it in abundance and wouldn't have to purchase it from overseas countries that don't even like us, refusing to accept a legitimate vote denying gays the right to marry in CA and taking it to their ultra liberal SF courts to reverse it, when I am allowed to say the Pledge of Allegiance again in a school, and when I am allowed to pray there again, etc. (If Congress, local courts, local governments, etc. can start their sessions with a prayer, there is no reason why it can't also happen in a school). When liberals finally realize that conservatives also have rights, I will find something to agree with a liberal over again just like I did with JFK....but detested LBJ.

Collapse -
You left out.....
by Josh K / June 18, 2013 3:20 AM PDT

.......the Yankees not making it to the World Series last year. That was undoubtedly because of "the liberals" too.

Collapse -
Funny, how for a liberal
by TONI H / June 18, 2013 4:16 AM PDT
In reply to: You left out.....

you didn't deny even one thing I posted........or even try to defend any of the truth of it.

Collapse -
1. I'm not a "liberal"
by Josh K / June 18, 2013 4:32 AM PDT

That's your first problem.

2. What specific things in that rant would you like me to "deny?"

How 'bout I start with organized prayer in schools, which is not a "liberal" thing at all. It's something called the Bill of Rights. We've been down that road already. I remember you saying something to the effect that the majority should rule in such situations and anyone not belonging to the "majority religion" is plain out of luck. Fortunately, the Constitution does not allow things to work that way. Do you want to blame the Bill of Rights on "liberals" too?

Otherwise, you want me to "deny" a bunch of perceptions?

Collapse -
For a non-liberal
by TONI H / June 18, 2013 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: 1. I'm not a "liberal"

you sure sound off like one in here and have for years. So what are you then cuz it sure isn't a Conservative, and it smells exactly like a liberal.

As for the Bill of Rights.........where does it say that prayer can't be said in a school? I know you are supposed to separate church from state, but wouldn't that exclude schools since in the strictest sense of the word 'state' it refers to 'government'.....and along that same vein, doesn't that mean that Congress itself should do away with prayer before sessions in both Houses? And should prayer be eliminated from every military funeral since most are paid for by government funds? And shouldn't the Prez (ANY prez) eliminate all prayers even going so far as to no longer go to the annual prayer breakfast? If all religion is supposed to be separated from government/politics, shouldn't it be eliminated from ALL and not selectively?

Collapse -
There is no law that I know of....
by Josh K / June 18, 2013 5:56 AM PDT
In reply to: For a non-liberal

....saying a kid can't say a prayer in school. Wait till SAT time; you'll probably see plenty of kids praying. What's not allowed is organized prayer.

A family can choose whether or not to have prayers at a military funeral. No family will have it forced upon them.

What I "sound off" like is your perception from your rather extreme viewpoint. Things aren't as black and white as you seem to think they are. There's left, there's right, there's the middle, and there are people who have opinions on different subjects that may fall on different "sides."

Collapse -
You want "liberals" to deny even one thing you post?
by grimgraphix / June 21, 2013 11:52 AM PDT

Sounds like you're just looking for an argument.

Shesh

Collapse -
When I post
by TONI H / June 21, 2013 11:24 PM PDT

something with proven multiple statements regarding liberals/Dems, and a person responds with a negative typical 'blame Bush' answer for doing something similar or even something different but in their eyes equally damning, but doesn't deny anything I've said, or has a valid reason to actually debate a statement, it only shows me that they have no argument because what I've said is true and they are UNABLE to defend it.

Sheeeesh, back atcha.

Collapse -
Well Toni, my position has been clear for years
by grimgraphix / June 22, 2013 1:04 AM PDT
In reply to: When I post

I have seen more similarities between Obama and Bush, than differences... which I have stated on more than one occasion.

Sorry that you don't view that as condemning Obama.

(^_~)

Collapse -
Similarities?
by TONI H / June 22, 2013 2:08 AM PDT

There are a few, such as he never closed Gitmo; however, he has taken a new position of never capturing for intel but rather droning to kill outright instead that way nobody ever has to go to Gitmo anymore and he also rarely, if ever, outright calls a terrorist act a terrorist act....instead he refers to them as 'workplace violence' protecting the killer (Ft. Hood) and his pension money while disallowing his victims the paid-for treatment they need and require, or vaguely as in Benghazi makes a mention of 'acts of terror' that encompasses anything around the world once in the Rose Garden and then blames a US citizen for a video and locks him up instead of actually going after the killers.

He approved the surge while in the same speech gave a withdrawal date to our enemies.

I don't recall Bush ever deliberately targeting lawful USA groups via the IRS (and don't bring in the NAACP crap because they already had their exempt status and was only audited, not deprived of approval or stalled because of an election). He never said 'reward your friends and destroy your enemies' because they disagreed with his policies. BO has divided this country deliberately by class, by gender, by race, by money, etc. He called a respectful group called the Tea Party as 'teabaggers', said they were the enemies of the State, and yet encouraged the OWS thugs even when they were taken over by Unions.

He is tyrannical and totally empirical when it comes to his 'authority' and abuses it via agencies and EO's...........and it's just now coming back to bite him in the a$$ because he has had so much help from liberal media for so long. He apologizes to other countries for what he perceives are our (put whatever word you want to use here) but refuses to apologize to the people paying his salary for the abuses he has laid on them, including doing nothing about the jobs market and instead doubles down on his 'stimulus' agendas Kensian style that has been proven throughout the world to NOT work and has only caused hardships on the people themselves while every leader who has practiced that crap has lived high on the hog and never sacrificed personally for his country.

I don't expect liberals to agree with anything I say.......I just believe that there absolutely has to be SOMETHING in this jerk that causes them all to have wet dreams over and about him that they appear to be mesmerized by him and can never find fault in anything he dictates, and I just want to know what that is since they never complain about him and only keep praising and defending him.

Collapse -
This is answers to your questions.
by Diana Forum moderator / June 19, 2013 5:31 AM PDT
When was the last time a liberal wasn't looking to expand 'good intentions' programs in order to further their own agenda?

You mean like lying about a fetus feeling pain after 20 weeks so an abortion cannot be performed after that even if the baby has no chance of living and will be in pain the whole time after it is born - that kind of good intention programs?

You mean opposing free breakfast and lunch programs for kids so they won't be thinking about being hungry and will be thinking about their lessons. They are hungry because certain congress critters are blocking food stamps misquoting the Bible about people not eating if they don't work. What kind of jobs are these kids supposed to get? What is the statistic about how many Wal-Mart associates receive food stamps?

You mean like having a Revolution to separate from England?

When was the last time a liberal wasn't looking to take from a capitalistic society in order to provide for a social welfare one instead and then turn around at the same time and criticize the capitalists as greedy pigs?

You mean so that millionaires and billionaires pay the same tax rate and the real workers? You mean so people can find a job that will pay their bills without SNAP and Medicaid?

When was the last time a liberal wasn't looking the other way with illegal immigrants, allowing the numbers to reach into the tens of millions and then demand amnesty, the right to drive, the right to collect on the backs of working legals, the right to not be deported even though they broke the law from the first step across our border?

I do agree about some of these but I don't hear "real" Americans lining up to pick our fruits and vegetables. I do believe that it needs to be regulated with a worker program for low-paying jobs like there is for high skilled jobs. I also believe that employers should be held accountable as well. But I believe that the IRS should be required to give information if an employer submits a ssn and name with information that this is a 50-year-old white woman rather than a 20-year-old Hispanic man. I mean the IRS can tell immediately if my information on my efiled tax return is wrong - why not give the same information to employers?

When was the last time a liberal realized that millions of legals are without work and they are doing nothing to change that....all the while demanding that Obamacare be not only paid for by working legals but provide subsidies in order for those out of work to pay for their own hospitalization and if they don't they will be penalized for it.

A lot of native Americans are out of work and get the same benefits.

When was the last time a liberal realized that 'one size does NOT fit all' but force people to buy it anyhow......all the while lying to the people regarding their current hospitalization coverage and doctors since they will no longer get to keep what they had?

Who said they can't keep their coverage? In case you hadn't noticed, the government isn't in the business of health insurance except for Medicare and Medicaid. The government is just saying that certain minimum things should be covered. If your insurance company is covering Vigara, why not birth control? I remember when insurance companies didn't even cover having a baby.

When liberals stop taking over the food I eat, the size drink I want to buy, forcing me to ask for salt in a restaurant instead of having it on the table anymore,

I don't remember a Liberal asking for any of this. I do remember a Conservative doing this.
forcing prices up higher and higher with regulations that aren't necessary such as labels that consumers don't even read even in restaurants,

So labeling foods is raising the price of food? Which regulations? The ones that try to limit pesticides and hormones and antibiotics? I do notice that Conservatives are not allowing the labeling of Monsanto's food so you can decide whether you want to buy it or not.

forcing prices on vehicles higher and higher because they don't like oil even though we have it in abundance and wouldn't have to purchase it from overseas countries that don't even like us,

You mean by requiring certain mpg on cars and having electric cars? Oil is limited. We cannot make any more of it and a lot of other things are made from oil - like plastic. Once it's gone, it's gone. Is it a bad idea to come up with alternatives now before it is critical?

refusing to accept a legitimate vote denying gays the right to marry in CA and taking it to their ultra liberal SF courts to reverse it,

Actually it's going to SCOTUS. Is this kinda like when whites couldn't marry blacks or Asians? Would you agree with that?

when I am allowed to say the Pledge of Allegiance again in a school,

I don't know of any law or rule that says you cannot. I don't know why or even if it stopped.
and when I am allowed to pray there again, etc.

You can pray as much as you like in school, just not a corporate prayer. I mean which god would you pray to - Jehovah, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, the goddess, some of the Native American gods, the Indian multitude of gods and goddesses?

(If Congress, local courts, local governments, etc. can start their sessions with a prayer, there is no reason why it can't also happen in a school).

I don't know why they do that. Probably because Congress always excuse themselves from the laws they make everyone else follow.

When liberals finally realize that conservatives also have rights,

Name me a right that they want that doesn't deny someone else a right? They want to deny the right to choose - whether or not to have an abortion - who to marry - cutting food stamps and school breakfast and lunch programs - access to health care that is paid for - a job that pays a living wage -

I will find something to agree with a liberal over again just like I did with JFK....but detested LBJ.

If that is true, you will love this quote from JFK.

"A liberal is someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break though the stalemate and suspecision that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal"."

Diana
Collapse -
I live in that bastion of liberalism called New York.....
by Josh K / June 19, 2013 5:50 AM PDT

.....and I have never, ever had to ask for salt in a restaurant that previously had it on the table.

Some of those "liberal' regulations are the reason you don't have to pick rat parts out of your canned food. But I quibble.

Collapse -
(NT) Me either although I have had to ask for water
by Diana Forum moderator / June 19, 2013 6:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
JFK also said
by TONI H / June 19, 2013 6:53 AM PDT

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country........

He was never extreme in his liberal agendas and believed in the ability of people to actually take care of themselves and better their future and in that way, they actually are able to help take care of their country. He didn't expand the food stamp or welfare programs because he had faith in the people themselves.

Collapse -
The civil rights movement was on his watch
by Diana Forum moderator / June 19, 2013 8:23 AM PDT
In reply to: JFK also said

How many conservatives thought that was extreme? I'm just listening to his speech after the two black students were admitted to the University of Alabama through George Wallace and he is talking about everyone being able to use any public facility. I remember white and negro bathrooms and drinking fountains.

Diana

Collapse -
bathrooms and fountains, reserved just for black people?
by James Denison / June 19, 2013 8:58 AM PDT

Wow, more giveaway programs even back then!

Collapse -
When I saw this as a child,
by Diana Forum moderator / June 19, 2013 10:43 AM PDT

I asked my grandmother why the separate bathrooms and she said that Negros had a disease that the whites didn't want to catch. As I grew older, I realized it was the whites with the disease.

Diana

Collapse -
And JFK also said.....
by Josh K / June 19, 2013 10:44 PM PDT
In reply to: JFK also said

......"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich."

Collapse -
But he wasn't
by TONI H / June 20, 2013 7:52 PM PDT
In reply to: And JFK also said.....

referring to bigger government to do all the 'helping', Josh......it was the same theme of 'ask not what your country can do for you' by pleading to the PEOPLE and CHARITIES to help the poor because we ARE a free society. He didn't set up new programs to take exclusively from the few who were wealthy to do that.

Collapse -
Remember when I asked you to find something....
by Josh K / June 17, 2013 11:17 PM PDT

.....critical to say about George W. Bush? Remember what you came up with?

Collapse -
He is, regularly. But since you don't follow that wing
by Ziks511 / June 19, 2013 10:53 AM PDT

of criticism, you're entirely ignorant of it.

Additionally, many items you include are talking points from the Conservative Cabal, there's little point in debating it since to quote the President, "There is no There there." It's a bit like trying to deal with someone who keeps slapping you, and claims he's trying to hit an imaginary fly.

And Obama's trip to Africa, which isn't a holiday, costs no more than Bush's previous one, or Clinton's, though inflation has changed the numbers somewhat.

Clearly it is your desire that the family go without any protection in the hope they will be captured and killed by any of the multitude of organizations which George W. Bush inspired with his ill advised foreign policy adventurism in Iraq.

Rob

Collapse -
Her "questions"........
by Josh K / June 20, 2013 12:32 AM PDT

........were a bit like,

"Why do you beat your wife?"

"But I don't beat my wife."

"You're not answering the question!"

Collapse -
Those answers
by TONI H / June 20, 2013 8:00 PM PDT

are the types that this administration's people are giving in congressional hearings, Josh......funny, how you don't notice any of that though.

Collapse -
Neither Bush or Clinton or any other
by TONI H / June 20, 2013 7:59 PM PDT

rational, compassionate leader of this country went on expensive excursions when they weren't absolutely necessary during economic hard times for the rest of the country...........this particular prez appears to not only flaunt it in the face of the people he serves that he has no problem using THEIR money to take extravagant vacations with his family and doesn't give a crap that millions haven't been able to do even THINK about taking a camping trip with their kids for a long time now because they are either just barely scraping by with a couple of part time jobs or not working at all still, but he also appears to arrogantly continue to do so right up until he leaves that Oval Office just because he can. Maybe he believes that time will run out and the next vacations after that date will all have to be paid for personally unless he can get some cushy 'consultant' job that will again pick up the tab for that. He is a user and a taker and always has been for his whole life........show me a position he's ever had that he actually GAVE instead of taking to his benefit.

Collapse -
What utter nonsense
by Josh K / June 20, 2013 10:13 PM PDT
Collapse -
Golfing trips
by TONI H / June 20, 2013 11:03 PM PDT
In reply to: What utter nonsense

Count up how many of those REALLLLLLLY expensive trips he took vs BO's startlingly extravagant vacations AND the many, many golf outings HE has taken since day one after 'inheriting' such a bad economy (as he so often pounds away on as an excuse for not fixing any of it even five years later). Come on, Josh....even YOU can't compare the two. Bush deliberately cut way back on the number of golf outings he went on BECAUSE of the fact that he was putting people in harm's way......BO hasn't even ATTEMPTED to not flaunt his trips, along with the separate planes for his family, and most are so extravagant that it's mind-boggling.

Collapse -
No, Bush cut back on his golf outings....
by Josh K / June 20, 2013 11:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Golfing trips

......because he was told it didn't look good for him to be playing golf while men and women were dying in Iraq. In fact he said he was going to stop playing golf "to support the troops" but he didn't.

Name one "startlingly extravagant" trip Obama took, and compare its cost with any similar trip Bush took.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.