Samsung forum

Question

Wifi Dongle for UA46EH500R

by HarrisMahmud / December 18, 2012 2:17 AM PST

Will a wifi dongle work with my Samsung UA46EH5000R LED TV ?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wifi Dongle for UA46EH500R
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wifi Dongle for UA46EH500R
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What would it do over WiFi?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 2:29 AM PST
Collapse -
by HarrisMahmud / December 18, 2012 4:52 AM PST

My TV is a Non-Smart TV. It is not equipped with built-in wifi or a LAN Connector. I was asking, is my TV wifi Ready, or if I connect wifi HDMI Dongle with it will my Samsung Galaxy Note II work with it?

Collapse -
That's sort of my question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 4:57 AM PST

Let's say you do this. I don't see what feature would be useful. I looked at the TV and see no reason to get a WiFi dongle at all.

-> Some folk are diving into this without defining "work with it" or looking at what these things do.
Bob

Collapse -
by HarrisMahmud / December 18, 2012 5:05 AM PST

I want to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note to the TV, so that I get my Phone's display on the TV.

Thanks

Collapse -
How I do that is over HDMI.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 5:07 AM PST

Have you found this feature on a WiFi smart TV?

It appears you are repeating what others have done. That is, they buy the WiFi dongle then can't find the feature. Please look for the feature before you pick up the thing or cable.
Bob

Collapse -
by HarrisMahmud / December 18, 2012 5:20 AM PST
Collapse -
I thought we cleared that up. In short NO.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 5:25 AM PST

" This is the official Samsung branded accessory and connects to your television by way of HDMI. The user can then wirelessly stream (over Wi-Fi) the content from their phone and view it on their HDTV"

Notice it does not tell you that you can see the screen of your phone. I bet you are WISHING for a screen view feature but I don't see that feature.
Bob

Collapse -
by HarrisMahmud / December 18, 2012 5:28 AM PST

I have to buy a better TV then?

Collapse -
Doubt that will help.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 18, 2012 5:43 AM PST

The feature you are looking for with the screen from the Android to the TV is not one I see here on other Smart TVs over WiFi.

A smart BluRay player would give you more for you buck and then you could look for a DLNA server for Android to do what that dongle does.

Why not the usual cable? Cheap, works.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Wifi Dongle for UA46EH500R
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 18, 2012 2:32 AM PST

Hi HarrisMahmud,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for the UAE. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung UAE portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA46EH5000RXZN

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.