Samsung

General discussion

Wifi connecting problem- Samsung LED TV 55"

by Floozie64 / November 18, 2010 6:29 PM PST

I posted some time back when I first purchased my tv as I was unable to connect to the internet due to the type of connection I had, however, I have since changed my internet provider. Using the Samsung dongle I was able to connect my Samsung DVD to the internet by inputting the ip address, etc manually. This works fine but I am still unable to connect the TV. There are a number of wifi signals that my laptop shows when placed by the TV but the TV does not show any of them, including my router.

I have tried to manually input the data as I did with the DVD but this does not work either. Can anyone help me rectify this?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wifi connecting problem- Samsung LED TV 55"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wifi connecting problem- Samsung LED TV 55"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wifi connecting problem- Samsung LED TV 55"
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 19, 2010 7:47 AM PST

Floozie64,

Have you tried having the TV auto-detect and search for your router?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wifi connecting problem- Samsung LED TV 55
by Floozie64 / November 19, 2010 5:23 PM PST

I have tried but the TV is not detecting any signals although my laptop is picking up quite a few including my own router.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 22, 2010 4:24 AM PST

Floozie64,

It may be a setting within your router. I have no way of knowing what would cause other devices in your network to connect, but not the TV. Is your SSID in a hidden mode, have you tried using different channels in the router settings? Is the encryption method you're using supported, and is there a network firewall?

All these things can factor into the reasons as well.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by josemanuel1974 / December 12, 2012 7:08 PM PST

I have the same issue.

I have a Samsung 55EU6800 LED HDTV.
Yesterday , the installer did all well. All functions in TV ran OK , smart TV, Webbrowser, updates , etc..

1 hour after ,suddenly, TV lost wirelless connection.
I made a reset to default frabic options.
Now all run OK less wireless.

"This works fine but I am still unable to connect the TV using wireless connection. There are a number of wifi signals that my laptop shows when placed by the TV but the TV does not show any of them, including my router."

Sorry my bad English
Thankss

Collapse -
I've seen this too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 13, 2012 1:08 AM PST

But as the rep here noted, a hidden SSID does seem to drop. Your post didn't reveal that setting.

For now, be sure of that setting (don't hide SSID) and drop the distance from router to TV to 20 feet.
Bob

Collapse -
The seller has the same issue with his TV-exposicon
by josemanuel1974 / December 13, 2012 2:55 PM PST
In reply to: I've seen this too.

Thank you for your reply.

- Router has not a hidden SSID.
- The distance from router to TV is 5ft (very near)
- I use a laptop with wifi and It run perfectly.

Yesterday I called the seller and he said he had the same issue with his TV exposed.
o_O

Collapse -
Re: The seller has the same issue with his TV-exposicon
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2012 11:02 PM PST

Hi josemanuel1974,

If that's the case, you may need to have it serviced. Our 2012 have a separate WiFi module, and sometimes they can go bad. Not giving you positive diagnosis here, just a possibility. What country are you in, and what's your TVs complete model code?

HD Tech

Collapse -
With Ethernet Cable works great.
by josemanuel1974 / December 14, 2012 4:05 PM PST

Model; UE55ES6800SXXS

Thanks for your answers

Collapse -
Re: With Ethernet Cable works great
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2012 3:47 AM PST
Collapse -
At five feet test it with an Ethernet cable.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2012 1:17 AM PST

There are more reasons for the drops. Just a few weeks ago I had a new laptop that was dropping. It took a little research and I found complaints of iPad connection issues with that model. I didn't have an iPad but a windows laptop but used that advice to go back one version of firmware on the router.

That fixed that.

Your posts are incomplete and you might be fixating that it's the TV at fault. That's OK, that's where service folk excel as they examine the entire system.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.