Tablets forum

Question

Wich one is better? Asus Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus MemoPad HD7

by arpcoelho / September 10, 2013 2:00 AM PDT

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy a tablet for the firts time and I'm stuck between two models: Asus Google Nexus 7 and Asus MemoPad HD7.
I saw the specifications of both of them and the major differences seem to be the storage (Memopad comes only with 16GB but supports SDcards) and the 5MP camera in the back of the MemoPad.

I want to know some users opinions about these tablets.

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Wich one is better? Asus Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus MemoPad HD7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Wich one is better? Asus Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus MemoPad HD7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
No criteria yet?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2013 2:06 AM PDT

All I can see so far is the camera and memory seems to matter to you. You didn't reveal what use it was for but many tablets are fiddled with for a few days then folk put them on the shelf. The camera isn't a strong point and with cloud and more access, the onboard storage is only an issue for folk that want to carry their entire video or MP3 collection with them.

In spite of all that, I like the unadulterated Android. So the Nexus is my choice.
Bob

Collapse -
re
by arpcoelho / September 10, 2013 7:18 AM PDT
In reply to: No criteria yet?

The camera and memory don't really matter to me... they are just the differences between them.

I want a tablet mostly for listening to music, watching videos, reading e-books, games... So mostly for entertainment...

I just don't know which one to choose because they seem so similar but with 100€ difference in price (Nexus is 249€ and MemoPad 149€). And I've heard that the Nexus is faster then MemoPad... so I would like to hear from people that used one or another or even both.

Collapse -
So that's the criteria.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2013 10:07 AM PDT
In reply to: re

Try the cheap one but here at the office we tend to stick with the Nexus class. The prior gen Nexus is found at your cheap price in the USA and would do OK.

However it is nothing like a PC. That is, on a PC I can toss almost any encoding of video and play it. Sometimes that does not work on Android.

Be sure you can get VLC Player for Android on which ever one you get.

And again this is nothing like a PC. Some explode the next week when they figure it out.

Another nice thing about my Nexus. I added a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to it. Almost a mini PC. But not.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Asus Google Nexus 7 vs. Asus MemoPad HD7
by Amol555 / September 23, 2013 10:16 PM PDT

Asus Google Nexus 7's has Quad core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A9 Processor and Asus MemoPad HD7 has Quad core processor so Google Nexus 7 is better.

Collapse -
Answer
Nexus 7 vs. MemoPad HD...tough choice
by dbanks0921 / October 19, 2013 5:30 AM PDT

I'm sure you've made a decision by now but I felt compelled to comment since I narrowed my choice to the same two tablets. I read numerous reviews of both some even comparing them. I chose the Nexus 7 2G because of the better screen resolution, more RAM, GPS capability, faster processor and future OS updates. I read a post somewhere explaining why Google chose not to make the memory expandable. The SD card would primarily be useful for files (music, photos, etc.) cause a lot of apps don't seem to offer the option of moving to the card. The memory structure in the Nexus 7 is supposed to allow the user to use the total memory more efficiently. However if you're not comfortable with cloud storage or prefer to store lots of files on your device, you might not see a benefit. I still think the MemoPad HD is really cool especially with the $149 price tag but I didn't want to end up upgrading next year cause I compromised and chose the lower budget option. Either way you've got a great tablet. Enjoy!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET EDITORS' CHOICE

Roku Streaming Stick 2016

Roku has the most apps, the simplest interface and the best search, making it CNET's favorite way to stream Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and all the rest.