Computer Help

Question

Why won't my photos upload into Ebay?

by pound174 / November 17, 2011 2:25 AM PST

Hi there,

Just trying to list an item on Ebay and my photographs (stored in folders on the desktop) won't upload. The PC is running XP and has had no problems with this until this time.

Doing the same action in Ebay, my laptop, running Windows 7, does it perfectly OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Joan

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why won't my photos upload into Ebay?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why won't my photos upload into Ebay?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) What happens when you try?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 17, 2011 2:27 AM PST

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Too large?
by rje49 / November 17, 2011 9:13 AM PST

One possiblity is that your photos are too large. There is a mega-byte size limit to upload photos. It's been a couple of years since I've listed an item on eBay, but it used to be that I'd have to use my camera at 3 megapixels. Probably a higher limit now, but there is a limit.

Collapse -
Too large
by pound174 / November 17, 2011 3:38 PM PST
In reply to: Too large?

Hi,

Thanks for this. I thought that too at first. I ditched some and took them again using a 3 meg. setting but still no use. I also tried much older and much lower meg. photos and they acted the same.

I am guessing that there is something going wrong in my PC due to the fact that when using my laptop Ebay didn't have a problem.

Thanks, Joan

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) What happens when you try?
by pound174 / November 17, 2011 3:40 PM PST

Hi,

Do you need some more information from me?

Thanks, Joan

Collapse -
Yes please.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 17, 2011 7:04 PM PST

You said you were having problems, but not what happened when you try.

Photos won't upload to eBay. Do you get any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Also, has anything changed, either on this computer or with your eBay account, since you were last able to upload photos?

It's all part of the diagnostic process. Happy

Mark

Collapse -
More info.
by pound174 / November 17, 2011 9:42 PM PST
In reply to: Yes please.

Hi Mark,
I usually use the Basic tab at Ebay photo upload stage. The progress circle rotates as usual, after 30 secs. the windows progess meter says DONE but the progress circle keeps on rotating - I stopped it after about 7 minutes!
i then tried the Standard tab. It appears to be working but doesn't load all of the file. EG. JPEG is 1112 kb and only 1056 kb is loaded before failing with message: UPLOAD FAILED, no other messages.
Nothing has changed in either my PC or Ebay, as far as I'm aware.
Thanks, Joan

Collapse -
More info.
by pound174 / November 17, 2011 9:54 PM PST
In reply to: Yes please.

Hi again Mark,

Collapse -
Ahh, good find
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 18, 2011 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: More info.

That will be it Joan. A problem at their end, not yours.

They will solve it in time.

Mark

Collapse -
Thanks for your help
by pound174 / November 18, 2011 5:18 PM PST
In reply to: Ahh, good find

Yes, you're right, I'll be patient. I expect my item will only sell for 99p anyway, ha ha.

Collapse -
Answer
Uploeading pictures to Ebay
by jrj118 / July 19, 2013 3:47 AM PDT

I had the same problem and spent 2 days trying to find the problem I found the problem was Internet explorer. I downloaded Goggle chrome and opened E bay in Goggle. I added my auction in and the pictures uploaded with no problem. Hope this helps..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.