MacBooks forum

Question

Why should I buy a Macbook pro instead of a PC laptop?

by jcig / June 24, 2011 3:17 PM PDT

Why should I buy a macbook pro instead of a PC notebook?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why should I buy a Macbook pro instead of a PC laptop?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why should I buy a Macbook pro instead of a PC laptop?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
AV software built in?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 24, 2011 10:52 PM PDT

I've not heard of this, can you supply a link to the article?

Collapse -
antivirus
by jcig / June 25, 2011 6:52 AM PDT
In reply to: AV software built in?

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It's a matter of personal taste
by Jimmy Greystone / June 24, 2011 11:21 PM PDT

It's a matter of personal taste, and by reading your post, I can see that nothing is ever going to dissuade you from your current opinions, so I'm going to kindly ask you to stop trolling.

Collapse -
trolling?
by jcig / June 25, 2011 6:52 AM PDT

Asking for a legit argument is not trolling.

Collapse -
You're not really asking for a Legit argument
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 25, 2011 9:58 AM PDT
In reply to: trolling?

You have already made up your mind and the arguments that you put forward do not really hold water.

Collapse -
Malware includes computer viruses
by jcig / June 25, 2011 10:13 AM PDT
Collapse -
but ..
by jcig / June 25, 2011 10:15 AM PDT

You haven't answered my question you only asked me questions and argued with me, so you cannot say my mind is made up.

Collapse -
At this point
by Jimmy Greystone / June 25, 2011 11:23 AM PDT

At this point, I think we've humored the troll long enough, and should just leave him/her to find another bridge to live under. In this and the other thread s/he is active in. We're only contributing to the problem by engaging with him/her. His/her misinformed comments have been pretty well debunked, and I guess if there's still someone stupid enough to believe those comments, they'll have to deal with the consequences.

It also appears more and more likely that it was the second of the two options in my AWOL post that are work here. Sad as that may be, it's a needless disruption to the people coming to these forums actually seeking help. Until such time that the OP is ready to have a serious discussion however, I see nothing to be gained from further engagement. Can't speak for anyone else, but I will be making a point to abstain from any further interactions until I see something that strikes me as a substantive change in the OP's general demeanor. I would encourage others to do the same.

Collapse -
Answer
give me a logical argument
by jcig / June 25, 2011 10:21 AM PDT

All I want is a logically based argument for why I should by a Mac Book pro. An argument(s) that is not based on the classical arguments of Macs being virus free and high quality because neither of those are true. If you truly are an expert then surely you can provide us with one. Surely you can tell us the advantages of owning a mac book pro vs. a pc laptop that have nothing to do with quality or viruses.

Collapse -
If you really are that stupid
by ziptie / June 26, 2011 6:48 AM PDT

then buy yourself a windows box.

Collapse -
(NT) Please do not feed the troll
by Jimmy Greystone / June 26, 2011 7:01 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.