Samsung

Question

Why Is my new Samsung LCD HDTV randomly channels?

by NickM538 / January 8, 2013 9:31 AM PST

The past day my tv started to random change channels, then it rapidly did the same thing, then stopped, then started again, Etc. I have cablevision and its hooked up to my cable box. Thanks.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why Is my new Samsung LCD HDTV randomly channels?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why Is my new Samsung LCD HDTV randomly channels?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try the usual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 8, 2013 9:36 AM PST

When this happens I have a book I lean against the spot where the IR remote control receiver is on the TV.

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Why Is my new Samsung LCD HDTV randomly channels?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 9, 2013 12:48 AM PST

Hi NickM538,

What Bob is suggesting that you block the IR signal with something to determine whether it's the remote or the TV. Let me know what your troubleshooting determines.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: HD Tech
by NickM538 / January 9, 2013 9:32 AM PST

It only seems to do it at night. If I unplug everything it stops untill the next night. I've turn the remote away from the TV and blocked the tops, but still occurs. I haven't placed a book yet, where should I put it, cable box or tv area? Any advice? Thank you for your help.

Collapse -
Re: Why Is my new Samsung LCD HDTV randomly channels?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 10, 2013 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: Re: HD Tech

Hi NickM538,

If it only happens at night, I may be some device that you're using only in the evenings that's throwing off this signal. As far as where on the TV you should try to block, that depends on the model. But it tends to be on the bottom side of the bezel.

HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.