Speakeasy forum

Rant

Why is congress taking a week off

by Roger NC / February 14, 2013 8:16 PM PST

with it being two weeks until the sequestration?

They all need to be fired.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why is congress taking a week off
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why is congress taking a week off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Shoulda' happened long ago...all of them gone, I mean
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 8:53 PM PST

It's another political ploy. Don't worry. They'll make themselves into heroes again soon.

Collapse -
I'm guessing
by TONI H / February 14, 2013 9:29 PM PST

it's to keep the pressure on BO regarding the sequestration since the Republicans have already submitted bills cutting things other than defense AND to keep the pressure on BO's appointments to either come up with the documents and testimony they haven't gotten yet or have Hagel withdraw his name.

Collapse -
If so, that's even more game-playing....
by Josh K / February 14, 2013 9:32 PM PST
In reply to: I'm guessing

....and even more reason to show all of them the door. They need to be reminded what they are there for.

Collapse -
so !!@#$ what
by Roger NC / February 15, 2013 7:40 AM PST

I don't care how much you hate Obama, he can't do a damn thing until a bill is sent to his desk.

I don't think right now he can order the Democrats in Congress any more than Boehner can control the most contrary of the Tea Partyers.

Put them all on that cruise ship and send them to sea until they get a budget hammered out, not just for 2013, but 2014 too, and real world guidelines for the next 5 years.

No one person bears all the fault here.

Collapse -
and damn if I want to budget and the country held hostage
by Roger NC / February 15, 2013 7:42 AM PST

to the hearings on what happened anywhere anytime.

What the hel l does Hagel or Bengazi have to do with getting their thumbs out of their asssesand doing their damn jobs.

Collapse -
Obviously
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 8:40 AM PST

you don't believe that the HOUSE with all the budgets and the bills and the proposals they've sent to the Senate that Reid won't let come up to a vote has done their job at all.........

The DAY after the election, Boehner went public and offered up $800 billion in revenue via loopholes being cut....BO insisted on the tax rate increases instead because he knew if he took the loopholes offer, he could never get the tax RATE increases later. He went after the rate increases first and NOW he wants the loopholes as well with NO cuts being offered.

The House has passed with bi-partisan support a proposal that would cut other areas and leave the Defense spending as is since there is already a $500B cut in Defense being made.....this sequestration calls for an ADDITIONAL $600B in Defense cuts that even the current Defense head says will 'hollow out the military' and devastate it. BO won't even consider it.

Why doesn't BO get HIS thumb out of his assssss and do HIS damnnnn job and get his Senate Democrats in line? He was able to do it when he wanted Obamacare. He isn't doing it because he doesn't WANT anything but what HE wants.

Collapse -
I'm not excusing the democrats
by Roger NC / February 15, 2013 8:57 AM PST
In reply to: Obviously

or the republicans.

Damn it, they're all to blame.

I don't agree totally with either side.

And the damn tax TEMPORARY TAX DEDUCTIONS expiration aren't really a tax increase, I'm not sure they should have exempted the middle class group from expiration, and that means me.

Sorry, just because Obama hasn't got the D to do what they should do excuses the R either.

They're all a bunch of lying hypocrits, they cater to whomever gives them the most in return.

Neither party is trying to solve the problem.

The sequestration was agreed to by a committee of BOTH sides, supposely a doomsday threat that both sides would fear so much that they would get something done.

Well all either side has done is blame the other, no matter how much you rant about Reid and Obama.

Collapse -
But
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 9:10 AM PST

the fact that the HOUSE with bi-partisan support sent over to the Senate a proposal to stop the sequestration isn't even being CONSIDERED by the other side has to at least show you that the HOUSE is doing its job, Roger. It's the SENATE and BO who aren't.

Collapse -
you're giving Obama a lot of credit
by Roger NC / February 15, 2013 10:19 AM PST
In reply to: But

to say he controls the Democrats in Congress.

I didn't vote for him either time, and I did vote.

I DON'T CARE WHO YOU WANT TO BLAME, THEY'RE ALL RESPONSIBLE.

By going home, they're all playing games and NOT DOING THEIR JOB.

I don't care if the R filibuster a nomination, they should not walk out on the damn job. In fact, there should be some way to deal with other things, table anything either party filibusters for over xxx hours for 5 days, 2 weeks, whatever and deal with other matters.

Theyre all playing to power trips, not doing the damn job of getting a budget done.

You're so consumed by hatred of this administration and extending it to all those who are different politically from you to the extent you don't care any more than all the current members of Congress do if anything gets done as long as you can blame the other side.

Assigning blame is more important than anything else, including all those jobs in Virginia in the naval shipyards that will end next week or week after next because the Navy is putting refits and overhauls on hold because of the threatening sequestration.

Assigning blame is more important than reducing our forces on patrol near Iran because the Navy isn't going to deploy ships and marines because of the threatening sequestration.

Hell, the more goes wrong the better as long as the other side can be blamed. All fractions in politics are betting they can spin it where the disasters will be blamed more on others than themselves.

You rant about Obama never letting a a good disaster go to waste, well, he's about to have a doozy.

Lock them all in, deliver bread and water, until they get a real budget done. Let them nap on cots in their office. That's what you would expect from workers in an emergency isn't it?

A pox on all of them and their radical supporters.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.