Samsung forum

Why HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes?

by peykan69 / February 5, 2013 8:57 PM PST

Hi All.

I have a Samsung TV LED 55 inches SERIE 7700 connected to my Home Cinema HT-ES8200.
They see each other thx to the BD wise and the AnyNet+ on the HDMI.

On HT-ES8200 I have a decoder connected through the HDMI1.

My issue is that, even if the decoder is turned on, after 30 minutes the HT-ES8200 turns off, turning off also the TV.

As far as I know, there is no power save procedure on the HT-ES8200.
Does anybody have an idea why this happen?

Thx a lot.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: Why HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2013 11:26 PM PST

Hi peykan69,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for the UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product:

Hope this helps you!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Why HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes?
by peykan69 / February 6, 2013 1:03 AM PST

Thank you for your prompte response.

I thought that the HT-ES8200 was an 'international' model.

Actually I live in France and I've bought it in France and I've contacted Samsung France for this, but I still do not have a response.

According to the home cinema User Manual there's not any power saving procedure, as for example on the TV.
So why it turns off after 30 minutes?
Is it just that by chance does not detect activity on HDMI1 (even if the decoder is on) and so turns off?

It's quite frustrating to have high tech stuff that for uncomprehensible reasons do not work correctly Sad

Thank you for your help anyway.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2013 1:09 AM PST

Hi peykan69,

Your theory is possible. If you want to test it, I'd suggest switching HDMI ports to see if you get any different behavior.

HD Tech

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 turns off after 30 minutes
by peykan69 / February 6, 2013 4:09 PM PST

Hi HD Tech.
I resolved the issue.

It's trivial.. if you know it !! Happy

It's not written anywhere that by default the Sleep Mode is set to be 30 minutes! BTW... why 30 mins??
So, just simply disabling it through the remote control now it works.

The HDMI-CEC / AnyNet+ is another story... but maybe I'll open another discussion Happy

Thank you anyway for you prompte help.

I think that we can close this thread.

Collapse -
Same issue
by Widerma / February 8, 2013 6:49 AM PST

Hi guys,

I got the same issue. I just bought this home cinema yesterday and it also turns off automatically after 30minutes. But i ve checked the sleep mode and it's actually off...

Did you change an other thing? I just push the sleep button on the top right of the remote and it displays sleepmode Off... Any idea?

I also speak french if easier to explain.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Collapse -
by peykan69 / February 8, 2013 2:30 PM PST
In reply to: Same issue

Hi Matt.
Unfortunately I've replied to fast.
I still have the same problem!
I thought that I've fixed it, but I was wrong!

If I watch a DVD/BlueRay it does not turn off after 30 minutes,
while for the other external sources (ADSL based decoder and iPhone 3G)
I'm struggling with those 30 minutes.

I've tried also to change the different HDMI ports, but the result is the same Sad

Note: before switching on any external source the HT-ES8200 shows a generic
message related to the connection.
Could be an electrical issue related to the quality of the HDMI cables?

Collapse -
by Widerma / February 8, 2013 6:47 PM PST

It's strange that it happends exactly after 30 minutes.. It could also be a firmware issue, i don't know.

What are you gonna do? Send it back to the store?

On internet i didn't find any other guy with same issue Sad

Collapse -
by peykan69 / February 8, 2013 11:18 PM PST

Hi Matt.

I've just had SAMSUNG FRANCE Support and we tried many things, but it did not work at my side.
Just to resume: I've reset the home cinema through the RESET menu under Configurations and reconfigured everything. Then I've updated the FW and disabled the FW Update in standy mode (through the Support->Software menu). Of course I've disabled the SLEEP Mode with the remote control...
I've also played with all HDMI ports combinations with both TV and the decoder... no result at the end.

I'll try to dig in during this week end but on monday, if we did not find any solution, I'll ask SAMSUNG to repair or change it...

But it's really bizarre... there's no logic on this kind of behaviour and I do not think that is a FW issue.

Anyway.. let's stay in touch and let's keep our fingers crossed.

Collapse -
by Widerma / February 9, 2013 10:40 PM PST

Hi Peykan,

What i didn't say is that in myside i've connected the TV and the HT-ES8200 through the Digital IN port with an optical cable. So if we resume, the problem is only on IN ports, and on all of them. You also said that t's working fine with a DVD right? It seems that the system doesn't recognize when we re using it with an external source and then it switching OFF after 30 minutes.

I've also sent a mail to Samsung yesterday to explain them the problem. I will keep you informed when i will get their feedback.

Have a nice sunday !

Collapse -
by Mofdi1969 / March 24, 2013 5:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
Problem with Samsung Update
by Dirk-Otto / February 26, 2013 9:39 PM PST

This is a global problem. So you should fix this asap.
Hi all.

I am from Germany. Since I did the last update I have the same problem.

Before everything worked fine. I contacted Samsung Germany 3 times. No Solution until now.

We need to wait.

Very frustrating.

Collapse -
Same problem in Denmark
by Hoeyerdk / February 10, 2013 2:54 AM PST

I live in Denmark, and after updating the product I have the same turns off after 20-30 min.
I Think it is a firmware fault...
Samsung support in Denmark didn't help much...

Collapse -
Same problem in Denmark
by Widerma / February 10, 2013 3:58 PM PST

Do you remember if before the firmware update it was working?

I tried to reset the Home Cinema but it only reset settings. I will try to find a way to hard reset it and to have the same configuration as on the first start (old firmware).

It seems that many people get the same issue, it's reassuring...

Have a nice day guys

Collapse -
by peykan69 / February 10, 2013 9:18 PM PST

Hi Widerma.

After power up the first time, I immediatly updated the FW: so I cannot tell you if before the update it was working.

I did the reset using two different procedures: one keeping the STOP remote control button pushed for 5 seconds, and the other trhough the system menu.
Both did not bring anything as solution.

I think that there's no possibility to go back to previous FW.

Did you find any other forums in which peolpe had the same issue?
A part you, Matt and Hoeyerdk, I did not find anybody else suffering from this issue: if there are more people we can try to ask Samsung to provide a FW Fix...

Collapse -
Turn off 30'
by Hadi-013 / February 19, 2013 11:37 PM PST

After all the comments, i've descided to call to samsung benelux.
They've knew the problem existed and they would contact me as soon as possible with a solution.
Anyway, thanks to everybody to write a comment.

I gues I will have to freak out fore a while every 30'.

Grtz from belgium.

Collapse -
Before firmware
by Hoeyerdk / February 11, 2013 12:21 AM PST

Before firmware update it worked perfectly.

Collapse -
by peykan69 / February 10, 2013 4:05 PM PST

Hi Matt, Hi Hoeyerdk.

I've spent the whole week end doing trials.
The result is clear to me: concerning HDMI IN ports, there's an issue.
Whatever I connect on them, make the HT-ES8200 to turn off after 30 minutes, even if the SLEEP mode is OFF and even if I've disabled (as Samsung suggested me) the FW update during standby mode.

I've done such test with my decoder and my Samsung PC, one at time, on both HDMI1 and HDMI2 ports.

If NOTHING is connected to the HDMI IN ports, then the HT-ES8200 works fine with both DVD/Bluray and iPhone.

Just for your info I've the latest FW upgrade.

I'll keep you posted anyway but I'm obliged to ask Samsung to repair/replace it: I do not want to have something HiTech that does not work.

Collapse -
by Widerma / February 10, 2013 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: HT-ES8200

Hi Peykan,

What i said is that it's not only HDMI because i use it with the Digital IN port and it's the same.

Unfortunately i can't try the old FW because it's not avaiable on Samsung site. Only the new one... And a reset doesn't put the original FW, it only reset the settings..

Let's wait Samsung answers..

But i've actually an other question for you. My Bass box makes a very small sound when it's ON. Now i'm focalized on it.. It's unpleasant, do you have the same?

Thanks and best regards

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by peykan69 / February 11, 2013 12:20 AM PST

Hi Widerma.

So it seems that both HT-ES8200 HDMI and DigIN Inputs are creating this shutdown after 30 minutes... sounds that Samsung it messing up with the fw related to the "active" ports.

Concerning the subwoofer: unfortunately I confirm that there's a fan noise... and it's VERY unpleasant.

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by Widerma / February 11, 2013 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: HT-ES8200 Issue

Hi again Peykan,

I just get the answer from Samsung...... And i was expecting more...

Well, they just asked me to bring back the system to my seller. Now i'm sure that i'm gonna wait for few weeks/months.

And i'm not sure i will tolerate that noise.. Finally i thought it could be the perfect Home cinema and now i'm a little bit disappointed.

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by peykan69 / February 11, 2013 4:21 AM PST

Hi Widerma.

I've just a simple test that I suggest everybody to do it.

Simply, do not connect anything on the homecinema and turn it on.
You'll notice after half hour that it turns off.

Yes, it is very disappointing to pay expensive price for this kind of product and once that you are at home
you discover that does not work and you struggle with the support line to make understand that is clearly their fault.
Concerning the fan it's simply surprising that Samsung tollerate this: do not they test their products???

Isn't there any Samsung folk that read this forum ?

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by aljnbaptiste / February 11, 2013 4:46 AM PST

hi i have exactly the same problem as u guys, units switches itself off after about 30 mins.

but mine definitely started after i upgraded to latest firmware last week. in fact 30 mins after upgrade

problem began. so i convinced it's an issue with the firmware. hope we find a solution soon

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by Roy2013 / February 11, 2013 5:03 AM PST

Hi Guys,

I have exactly the same issue. And mine definitely started after the upgrade to version 1013.3. I have turned on the Home cinema system without any other connected to it and it still turn itself off after approx. 30 mins.

I have contacted samsung and its the same story. I have tried to reset the system but to no avail. I am really frustrated because I paid good money for this Home cinema and samsung dont have a good support for it

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by peykan69 / February 11, 2013 5:01 PM PST

Hi All.

The number of subscribers of this forum is enhancing day by day.

It's a clear FW issue: the version 1013.3 is bugged.

I'm in contact with Samsung France and I've reported to them what I've told you in this forum.
The first support line is reporting to Samsung management the FW issue and I hope that this will bring us asap a solution.

I encourage everybody to do the same: please contact your Samsung support telling them we are many customers facing the same issue providing the link to this site.

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by Widerma / February 11, 2013 9:21 PM PST

Hi Peykan,

I sent a second mail yesterday to Samsung due to their first pointless answer.

They've just replied right now and told me that they know that it's a FW issue but they also they: "As you can't change manually on an other FW version, please contact your furnisher for a service".

I don't understand... If it's "only" a FW issue, why do we have to bring back the Home cinema. Couldn't they just deploy a new FW... Then we can update it directly through the settings.

I don't know now if i have to bring it back or just wait for a new FW and update it by myself.

What are you going to do?

Collapse -
HT-ES8200 Issue
by peykan69 / February 11, 2013 11:34 PM PST

Hi Widerma.

Finally Samsung France support line confirmed me that they seem to have an issue on the latest FW.

They suggested me to wait for an update that they do not know when will happen.

I asked to replace my HT-ES8200 but they asked me to wait a little bit.

So, if I do not see any clear engagement in their FW release, I'll call them everyday to change my home cinema,

Collapse -
Another with same problem in Denmark
by Slupperman / February 14, 2013 3:57 AM PST

I have the same problem with the shutdown after 30 minutes. When reading this thread it seems that we all have to call our local Samsung support. I have posted this thread on the Samsung my experience discussion in Denmark. Maybe it's a good idea to do that in the other countries.

To Woderma
I too have noticed the noise which's comes from the fan on the rear of the subwoofer
I changed the fan to a low noise 4 cm edition from Noctua. It helped some but Samsun has made a design error in that the cutouts for the fan blocks the air flow and therefore add's to the wind noise.

Therefore I made a square cardboard tube 3 cm deep, taped on the outside of the hole for the fan and inserted the fan in the end. This helped a little more. When the guarantee period is over I will remove the cutouts so there is nothing to block the airflow.

The old fan has to be removed and power has to be drawn from the socket on the pcb. The power cords I took from an old fan and separated the power cords with a utility knife. Isolated the connectors individually before I mounted them on the fan socket. I then could connect the power cords through the hole for the fan to the new fan in the cardboard tube. In that way I can restore the whole thing back if I have to ship the subwoofer to service.

It's a bit tricky to get the amplifier out of the subwoofer. You have to unscrew the eight screws in the bottom. Not the screw's in the deep tubes. Then you can draw the amplifier out. There is two wires with a connector in the middle you have to disconnect before the amplifier can be withdrawn. Be aware that they are wrapped with foam that you have to break. This is the only thing that is being altered and cannot be restored.

I hope this can help. I have considered to make a youtube video with screenshots of the process.

Collapse -
by JohnnyJoker / March 22, 2013 7:35 PM PDT

Dear mr. Slipperman,

I just got my HT-ES8200 back from beeing repaired by secundary company that is allied to Samsung.They gave me a new subwooferbox and changed the main board, at least, that is what they say.
Also the firmware has been degraded to 1012, and believe it or not, now it works as it should, the system does not switch off after 30 min anymore!
And they gave me the strong advice NOT to upgrade to firmware 1013 !!!!!
I have this black and white on paper, so this proves that 1013 was bugged.

But unfortunately the fan still is very noisy and because you have some experience with this issue, I have a question to you, mr. Slipperman, maybe you can help me:
I want to make this fan temperature controlled and to buy the correct components I would like to know the voltage supply of this fan. Is it 5 or 12 Volt or maybe any other voltage?
I would appreciate it very much if you would give me this answer.
Thank you in advance.

Still, I cannot understand that Samsung made such a huge design error with this noisy fan!
Specially in classical music there are a lot of silent passages, and then is a noisy fan very, very annoying!

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 23, 2013 1:35 AM PDT
In reply to: FAN

Please post issues other than the current topic in a new post otherwise the ambassador might miss your new discussion.

Collapse -
Hi Johnny Joker
by Slupperman / April 4, 2013 5:26 AM PDT
In reply to: FAN

Congratulations that you have got your

HT-ES8200 back. I am still waiting for my equipment. I complained about the fan and the web browser. So that maybe it takes longer. <div>I bought the fan from noctua. you can see it here </div>

You cannot temperature control the fan but noctua supply a low noise adapter (a wire with a resistor) so you can reduce the rpm.

By the way. It is not the fan that's noisy. It's the cutouts in the backplane of the amplifier that makes the system noisy.. If samsung had made a solution with a round hole of the same size as the fan, and mounted a protection grid of round wire upon the fan. They would not have the noise issue.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.