Android forum

Question

why can't I stream live cnn and fox on my android device

by rich52 / January 23, 2013 6:10 AM PST

Can anyone give me some insight into why my wife can stream live CNN on her ipad but I can't on my android 4.1 cell phone?

The kids at BB and AT&T just roll their eyes that anyone would want to watch cnn. I've written cnn twice but no answer. All I've been able to discover is that it can't be done on either a tablet or cell.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: why can't I stream live cnn and fox on my android device
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: why can't I stream live cnn and fox on my android device
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
internte tv website
by ekere27 / January 16, 2014 5:08 PM PST

please can any one tell me how i can stream cable TV channel like CNN, cartoon network etc... on my website.livetvcafe.net is a satellite TV website that streams multiple satellite TV channels.How did they build it...

Collapse -
CNN and local news live off the net
by docfmf / August 26, 2015 3:18 PM PDT
In reply to: internte tv website

If you figure this out let me know brother it is the only way I get the news is on the net I also would like to find out how to get my local news live
normanboydston@yahoo.com or fb

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Too many reasons but top one is?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 6:15 AM PST

That CNN and Fox are not catering to this market. Let me try in on my google nexus 7 where I installed Firefix Beta and Flash according to instructions we've discussed on this very forum. BRB (be right back.)
Bob

Collapse -
Had to charge up the tablet a little but
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 6:49 AM PST

CNN video is fine on Nexus and the Asus TF300. But both had me add flash support long ago.

Did you try to install flash and Firefox Beta?
Bob

Collapse -
cnn on android
by rich52 / January 23, 2013 9:12 AM PST

To answer your question obout flash: No I have not..I'm using the latest cnn app on my Samsung smartphone and it doesn't offer an option to watch live.

I'm planning to purchase an android tablet, probably Samsung, and am trying to determine whether or not I'll be able to stream live cnn on my jobsite. I had assumed the best way to do it was with the cnn app. Thee ipad cnn app streams fox and cnn live and I couldn't figure out why they don't offer it for android.

Collapse -
If the CNN app is dead, then no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 9:32 AM PST
In reply to: cnn on android

If I am to test this I'll have to know how you get it live on your PC.

Collapse -
Answer
Why use the app?
by seca400 / January 24, 2013 1:00 PM PST

Try just streaming from the website, choose desktop version if you have to.
If they offer live online (hopefully its not flash) it should be viewable.

Hope that helps!
Matt www.samsunggalaxyleaks.com

Collapse -
I agree.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 24, 2013 1:41 PM PST
In reply to: Why use the app?

If the OP can reply with what site to test, I'll try it on what we have at the office.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.