Android forum

Why are some websites wonky when I access them via my droid?

by R-Lombardi / August 7, 2013 7:26 AM PDT

On some websites, fonts become scrambled and take over everything else on the website when I access the site via my phone (a Samsung S3). If I access the same sites on an I-phone, Sony, or my PC there are no issues at all. Any ideas on what my phone is doing?
Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Why are some websites wonky when I access them via my droid?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Why are some websites wonky when I access them via my droid?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 7, 2013 8:21 AM PDT

It's not unexpected as the web master needs to test on more devices. Also, try Chrome on the machines that support that. The stock browser in many appliances is borked.

Collapse -
Try a different browser
by John_Farrel / August 8, 2013 8:11 PM PDT

I agee with the above given suggestion, just try downloading a new browser, this time a Opera mini or UC Browser(if tried it from device inbuilt browser). That may work. Even Dolphin browser is fast and good in all aspects. You may try any of them.

Collapse -
Don't forget......
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 8, 2013 9:52 PM PDT

.....that not all websites are optimized for use on a cell phone.

Collapse -
Why are some websites wonky when I access them via my droid
by sunita2171 / August 9, 2013 3:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Don't forget......

really, few websites are not optimized for Smartphones

Collapse -
You might think so......
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 9, 2013 7:21 AM PDT

....but they are not all optimized that way. If they were, you wouldn't have to constantly enlarge the images to make it more readable.

Collapse -
If you want an example....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / August 19, 2013 11:19 PM PDT

Try looking up the Cnet forum site on your Droid and tell me I am incorrect. The standard page for Cnet is optimized but not the forum page.

Collapse -
Depends on websites
by iminmessaging / August 19, 2013 11:09 PM PDT

This thing mainly depends on the websites because all the websites are not optimized properly for mobile viewing. One more reason can be the resolution of the phone. There is no problem in your cell phone.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.