Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Speakeasy

Rant

Who didn't see THIS coming?

by TONI H / April 1, 2013 / 1:10 PM UTC
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Who didn't see THIS coming?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Who didn't see THIS coming?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What has your post
by TONI H / April 1, 2013 / 3:18 PM UTC

got to do with my post? According to my story, illegals are pouring into the country ahead of the 'amnesty' compared to the 'trickle' that Homeland Security was reporting a few short months ago.......

Collapse -
RE:What has your post got to do with my post?
by JP Bill / April 1, 2013 / 7:21 PM UTC
In reply to: What has your post

Other stuff we didn't "see coming".

A Democrat and a Republican agreeing on something...

AND

THAT "something" just happens to involve immigration...which just happens to be mentioned in your link,I can see "immigration-reform" mentioned in the url you provided.

Ya get it?

...Immigration.....immigration-reform? (notice I put the hyphen in between immigration and reform, Just so you don't get confused

I can see a connection....

You can't?

The 2 major parties involved in American politics seem to be heading towards an agreement on immigration reform...and you're still not happy.....

Collapse -
Evidently you can't read
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 4:07 AM UTC

very well.........the only agreement so far is between LABOR (unions) and BUSINESSES......and there are EIGHT Senators in that 'committee'. That's a far cry from having an agreement that will actually pass the full Senate. It's also nothing to do with my post regarding the pouring in over the last few months of even more illegals trying to get here before ANY firm agreement is made, all in the HOPE that they will be included in that deal....and this pouring in is in total conflict to the statements being made over and over by not only the WH but Homeland Security regarding how our borders are more protected than ever before and that the illegals coming across have slowed to a trickle. "Immigration-reform" is nothing more than a carrot being dangled giving even MORE illegals an incentive to come across the border again en masse, as the videos show, not all of them are coming to 'work'....unless an illegal needs that AK-47 to convince someone to hire him. Oh goodie...........

Collapse -
RE: Evidently you can't read
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 4:30 AM UTC

I said

seem to be heading towards an agreement

Best you steer clear of me...it appears inability to read is contagious.

Collapse -
Oh, I can read
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 5:18 AM UTC

and you said : A Democrat and a Republican agreeing on something...

Even though they haven't 'yet'.........

Collapse -
RE: Even though they haven't 'yet'....
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 6:53 AM UTC
In reply to: Oh, I can read

And when they do...in less than a week?

The silence will be deafening?

I haven't heard much/anything from you about the WARN lawsuits that were going to flying (and they will in droves) in the last month.

Collapse -
Are you now denying that you said this:
by TONI H / April 3, 2013 / 3:16 PM UTC

A Democrat and a Republican agreeing on something...

Collapse -
(NT) Am I now denying?...NO, I'm not denying
by JP Bill / April 3, 2013 / 7:06 PM UTC
Collapse -
You think UNIIONS control the Democrats
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 5:21 AM UTC

I think BUSINESSES control the Republicans,

The UNIONS AND BUSINESSES have reached an agreement...Ergo...Democrats and Republicans have reached an agreement.....the groups that control the parties agree...so the parties are forced to agree.

Collapse -
Only you could
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 6:40 AM UTC

come up with that conclusion.........

Collapse -
You don't think laboUr/UNIO)NS
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 6:42 AM UTC
In reply to: Only you could

control the Dems?

Collapse -
You posted
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 7:37 AM UTC

that Dems and Republicans had agreed to something that hasn't happened.......only the Unions and the businesses have supposedly agreed to anything. There are eight people on the committee that have to come to an agreement.......and THEN whatever they might agree to has to go to the full Senate floor for amendments, etc. in order to actually AGREE to vote on anything. Still a long way to go to get to YOUR posted statement.

As for my original post here.......it has NOTHING to do with what you diverted/deflected to....and you seem to have to comment about that.

Collapse -
You posted that Dems and Republicans had agreed to something
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 7:56 AM UTC
In reply to: You posted

that Dems and Republicans had agreed to something

I said "they seem to be heading towards an agreement"

The 2 major parties involved in American politics seem to be heading towards an agreement on immigration reform...and you're still not happy.....

only the Unions and the businesses have supposedly agreed to anything.

NO!!!

Lindsey Graham said

"There are a few details yet. But conceptually, we have an agreement between business and labor, between ourselves that has to be drafted," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.

business and labour...one agreement

"between ourselves"...Democrats AND Republicans, another agreement.

Collapse -
But your second sentence
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 8:17 AM UTC

specifically said Dems and Reps have agreed....... "A Democrat and a Republican agreeing on something"

A Dem and A Rep equals TWO in the parties.....not the EIGHT on the committee...and certainly not the Senate itself.

You really have to get your wording to coincide with your thoughts/opinions, JP.

As for Lindsey's statement........Schummer said the same thing.....but Rubio said "not so fast".

Still no comment about the illegals pouring back into the country hoping they can be included in this new amnesty 'deal' that may or may not happen?

Collapse -
They agreed that today is Tuesday.
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 11:15 AM UTC

And tomorrow would be referred to as Wednesday.

Devil

Collapse -
RE: Still no comment about the illegals
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 11:31 AM UTC
Still no comment about the illegals pouring back into the country hoping they can be included in this new amnesty 'deal' that may or may not happen?

"pouring"? looked at the photos provided...9 people....quite a distance between the people...looks more like they are "dripping" across the border.

IF the Republicans sign the Amnesty Bill NOW,then Amnesty would be in affect and anyone that crosses the border from now on would be automatically deported?...

SIGN THE BILL NOW!!!!!

Stop dragging their feet.
Collapse -
Sounds like barely enough are "pouring" in....
by Josh K / April 2, 2013 / 11:33 AM UTC

.....to put a baseball team together, and that's only if you don't use a bench or a bullpen and make the same guy pitch every day.

Collapse -
From now on....yeah right
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 11:56 AM UTC

Once they are here, they only have to mention their age with no proof about how long they've been here and they are automatically included in with that 10 million number.

One tape showing the ones in my post.......and with guns.......and you aren't alarmed that the numbers coming have doubled from just a few months ago? Of course not.....you're in freaking Canada, not the USA so it matters nothing to you.

Reread my linked story........and tell me why you don't think they have an incentive to show up as quickly as possible.

Collapse -
So, Josh
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 11:58 AM UTC

You don't care that more and more are showing up in time for the 'reform' vote? You care so little that the 10 million isn't enough for you? Do you prefer to have an open door policy like BO and others would rather have?

Collapse -
REthe numbers coming have doubled from just a few months ago
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 12:26 PM UTC

the numbers in your link...504 in one month. 174 were caught...some were more concerned about getting drugs into the country than Amnesty.

Not much sense having a Cartel, if you don't have any product

Are you positive the people in the photos in your links are illegal aliens?...They could be drug mules...

Drug Cartel Mules Are American as Apple Pie, Border Patrol Data Shows

According to the Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR), U.S. citizens comprise the overwhelming amount of drug-related arrests in recent years by the Border Patrol. They're about 80 percent of the total, according to arrest data acquired by the group.

Collapse -
White whiskey?
by Roger NC / April 1, 2013 / 1:41 PM UTC

Since all that will come up here is a full screen ad for Jim Beams new white whiskey with no x out.

(not your fault, but that's what happens

Collapse -
It just means
by James Denison / April 1, 2013 / 1:50 PM UTC

we will have to revoke their citizenship later and deport them anyway.

Collapse -
Yes, because we all know....
by Josh K / April 2, 2013 / 8:17 AM UTC

....how closely impoverished would-be illegals monitor the goings-on in Congress before deciding whether to have a go at crossing.

If there was a spike, I highly doubt it had anything to do with any pending legislation. I see that you (and the writer of that article) don't mention that overall, illegal crossings are way down.

Collapse -
Yes, Josh
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 9:50 AM UTC

illegal crossing 'were' way down, not 'are'......they have begun spiking again because of the reforms being debated, discussed, and pushed to the front of BO's priority list. And, no, Josh....I don't think that impoverished would-be illegals are monitoring the goings-on in Congress........however, I DO think that communications between those here and those across the border DO go on on a regular basis, especially since the EO that BO issued regarding those between age 16 and 35 no longer being 'at risk' and since the HHS began advertising in Mexico the steps to apply for foodstamps once they get here.

Collapse -
Your article provides no link.....
by Josh K / April 2, 2013 / 10:22 AM UTC
In reply to: Yes, Josh

.....between this increase and anything going on in Washington. That's pure speculation. The article uses very clever language to provide a mental link between the increase and the goings-on in Washington, without actually establishing any connection whatsoever. The article also makes clear that the problem isn't funding:

Last week, Fox News reported sections of the border will soon become unpatrolled as hours for on-the-ground agents are cut. Townhall has learned Border Patrol agents working the border have been fully funded, yet internal political battles within CBP may be causing funds to be funneled to managers, rather than those getting their boots dirty on patrols.

"Customs and Border Protection has been given enough money to fully staff the border but has chosen to use the money elsewhere, we believe it is to fund the salaries of Supervisory CBP Officers. The money they are diverting was to go to AUO (Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime) which is actually straight pay and is used to pay Border Patrol Agents for anything past eight hours. Being that we have to maintain staffing 24/7 this is a huge part of border security. The criminals and drugs don't stop coming so we have to make sure we have people out there. Cutting AUO will be a 30% pay cut for our agents but more importantly a minimum 20% loss of staffing out in the field," Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council Shawn Moran tells Townhall.

Collapse -
The article specifically
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 12:00 PM UTC

says that those interviewed have stated they are coming directly BECAUSE of the new reform bill being debated and worked on.

Collapse -
No, it specifically says....
by Josh K / April 2, 2013 / 12:24 PM UTC

......that some people interviewed said they tried coming in because of border patrol staffing cuts, which have been blamed on sequestration. Fewer border patrol officers = better odds of getting across.

Collapse -
RE; illegal crossing 'were' way down,
by JP Bill / April 2, 2013 / 12:28 PM UTC
In reply to: Yes, Josh

During Obamas watch?

HIGH FIVE!!!!!

Collapse -
Because BO
by TONI H / April 2, 2013 / 1:54 PM UTC

LOST more jobs than he ever created.........keep high-fiving a loser.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions
icon