Samsung forum

General discussion

white, black dots no help look here

by ewf316 / November 25, 2012 5:44 AM PST

If you're like me and samsung has given you the runaround join me as I just filed a complaint with BBB. You will need the zip code for samsung which is 07660. The rest is easy just tell them the story on defective dlp chip recalled on older models and same problem is happening on the newer models and thet pick and choose who they are helping. Lets band together and get this done for it seems like thousands of customers.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: white, black dots no help look here
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: white, black dots no help look here
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
same fault
by stephiemac1 / November 25, 2012 11:21 PM PST

hi there

My TV is about 18 months old. Samsung and over on the right hand side of the picture there are these dots and snow effect which affects the picture. I have spoken to my home insurance and would need to pay an excess of £200 for them to come and take the tv away for a whole week to try and fix it.
Not sure where to start....your review seems to intimate this is a common fault? is it? any info you can share would be great,
mcallisterstephanie6@googlemail.com

Collapse -
white dots,,SAMSUNG NO HELP........
by donllawrence / November 25, 2012 11:32 PM PST

MY HLT6187SZ/XAA SAMSUNG TV HAS THE "WHITE DOT " PROBLEM DEVELOPING.. CALLING SAMSUNG "YOUR TV IS NOT ON THE LIST"....
AFTER MULTIPLE PROBLEMS POSTED ON CNET AND CBS7 NEWS , SAMSUNG IS STILL NOT FIXING THIS ON GOING PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE..I HATE HAVING TO TELL BIG BUSSSINESS TO DO THE RIGHT THING BUT ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER GOES ON THE LIST OF "DO NOT BUY FROM"...
WHERE TO GO NEXT..ANY SUGGESTIONS..

Collapse -
Go to BBB you will need zip code for Samsung 07660
by corneliousm / December 26, 2012 10:46 AM PST

Go to BBB you will need zip code for Samsung 07660

Collapse -
I too am having this issue appear on my Samsung HL61A750A
by ResQU / November 26, 2012 3:44 AM PST

I purchased this TV in April of 2009. Went with the LED because it was to save money by outlasting the white bulb and color wheel set up on earlier sets. Now it seems I'll be spending that saved money on a new DMD/DLP chip. I really did my homework on this set too. All the reviews by professional sites had it listed at 5 stars. This is a small problem for such a nice TV. I wish Samsung would step up here and take care of their customers. I will be filling out a complaint with the BBB. Not so much will be done to help me now, but maybe they can hold Samsung's feet to the fire and get future issues resolved better.

Collapse -
white, black dot finally getting fixed
by ewf316 / December 4, 2012 8:09 AM PST

For those of you getting the wear and tear runaround. My hlt5089s is getting fixed this friday. I filed a complaint with the bbb and a rep from samsung called me the following day to set up a courtesy fix if it is the dlp chip. Something for all of you to think of doing.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.