Samsung forum

Question

Which Wi-Fi Adapter

by kenshirojones / January 27, 2013 5:57 PM PST

I apologise for raising this question again but I have raised the query on many of the Samsung support web sites with NO useful reply. From what I have seen this site seems to have some good knowledgeable support - I would appreciate your help.

I live in Cyprus which is NOT on the Samsung Global listing - so 'Samsung Support' sending me the link to the Global listing web site is pointless.

I have just purchased an LED TV Model No:UE40ES5500WXXH Version2
TV was purchased (and I live) in Cyprus but there is NO regional support listed on the Samsung Support web page for Cyprus.
The TV manual states that a Wireless LAN Adapter WIS09ABGNX or WIS12ABGNX is required. If I go to the Samsung Shop and enter the details of the Wireless LAN models and then check the compatibility with my model of TV, it states they are NOT compatible!! Which Wireless LAN Adaptor do I need????
Regards
Ken

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which Wi-Fi Adapter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which Wi-Fi Adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
That's a good question.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 27, 2013 6:06 PM PST
In reply to: Which Wi-Fi Adapter

But most support on this forum is USA-based. So one of the following resources might be better:

1. The local Samsung customer support. Should be mentioned in the manual of your TV.
2. The shop where you bought the TV. They should be able to sell you a matching adapter (and show you it works on that same model in the shop).

Kees

Collapse -
Which Wi-Fi Adapter
by kenshirojones / January 27, 2013 11:04 PM PST

I have tried the European support centres without success. I have even tried as far away as Samsung New Zealand!

1) No support centre mentioned in Manual. The Warranty information is only printed in Eastern European languages - not English.
2) The shop the TV was purchased from do not sell any Wi-Fi adapters and have VERY limited technical knowledge - they SELL TVs.

Unfortunately in Cyprus you can only purchase from the limited sources available.
Thanks for your reply
Ken

Collapse -
Brute force then.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 12:49 AM PST
In reply to: Which Wi-Fi Adapter

Here we have a legal 14-day return (and money back) period for all online purchases. If that's the same in Cyprus, order both and return the one that doesn't work. Or both, if none of the 2 work. Or the most expensive if both work.

Kees

Collapse -
Samsung Wireless Adaptor
by kenshirojones / January 28, 2013 9:01 PM PST
In reply to: Brute force then.

Just received the following from Samsung - not sure which of the many I contacted!
Many thanks for the input from the forum. I may be back with questions regarding functionality once I get the TV on-line
Take care
Ken

Thank you for contacting Samsung.
I am sorry that information regarding the compatible wireless LAN adaptor for your TV is not more readily available; I can understand that having to search for this information can be an inconvenience when you want to avail of your TV's networking features.

The compatible wireless LAN adaptor for your TV is the WIS12ABGNX. Further information on this product can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/tv-accessories/WIS12ABGNX/XEC-spec?subsubtype=wireless-usb-adaptor

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.