Windows 7

General discussion

Which registry optimizer can make Windows 7 stable, fast and

by zandalex413 / October 21, 2009 4:00 PM PDT

Windows 7 is coming, thus, we can find the information about Windows 7 is full of the Web these days. And I just heard many questions about: is Windows 7 safe? Is it stable and fast?

However, as most media says, Windows 7 is much better than Windows Vista, windows 7 runs much faster than vista, takes up less resource, brand new task bar, automatically detects drivers, etc. surely Windows 7 is the best alternative for vista.

I

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which registry optimizer can make Windows 7 stable, fast and
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which registry optimizer can make Windows 7 stable, fast and
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Window 7
by merlyn710 / October 22, 2009 12:40 AM PDT

I been using lots of registry cleaner on window 7. In my opinion the best way to keep it running fast is a combination of Ashampoo 6 and tune-up utilities 2009 with disk keeper 2009. This really help me keep W7 running fast and clean. Hope it help you too.

Collapse -
None
by Jimmy Greystone / October 22, 2009 2:05 AM PDT

None. All of them can do the exact OPPOSITE of that however.

Just do yourself a favor and forget you ever heard of the Windows registry. This isn't a personal attack, just the honest, blunt truth. You have absolutely no need to ever concern yourself with the registry. Your system will actually likely perform better if you STOP messing with it.

Also, since the only way you could have gotten a legal copy of the RTM release of Win7 is if you had a MSDN subscription, which would likely put you in a class of users who knows better than to run registry cleaners/fixers/optimizers/defragmenters, your problem could very well stem from the pirated copy of the Win7 software you have. Those cracking programs to get around the activation and WGA checks... What do you suppose is stopping someone from including a little extra something into those programs? It could also be the multitude of file sharing programs you likely have installed, or you could have picked up a bunch of malware somewhere along the way. Plenty of things can contribute to performance entropy on computers, not the least of which is the mental bar being raised. You become accustomed to some level of performance, and that becomes the new "normal".

But to get back to your original question. You use registry fixers/optimizers/cleaners/defragmenters at your own peril, and by using them you really only prove the saying about there being one born every minute.

Collapse -
Registry cleaner already?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 22, 2009 6:47 AM PDT

Windows 7 has only been out a day or two.

I see no reason for any registry cleaner/optimiser yet.

In fact, I agree with Jimmy. Stay away from them.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.