TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Which receiver/amp would work best with Energy Take Classic

by shermitte / September 16, 2012 11:39 PM PDT

I have purchased an Energy Take Classic 5.1 home theatre speaker system and need to purchase an amp/receiver for it. I know diddly about electronics but I do have an iPad 2 and wifi. Our tv is a Samsung series 6, 6000 LED if that helps. Budget is negotiable.
Thanks in advance.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which receiver/amp would work best with Energy Take Classic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which receiver/amp would work best with Energy Take Classic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
You have a bazillion choices, luckily
by Pepe7 / September 17, 2012 4:50 AM PDT

There truly is no 'best'. IMO even some of the entry level AV receivers might suffice. It depends on which actual features you are looking for (e.g. Airplay, USB ports in front, etc.). Do a little digging/spend some time looking at features in the shops or online in forums (hint: look at detailed product reviews), then return here with questions about which features you don't understand/want refined in context of your system. Brands I'd consider include Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer. I'm not as crazy about Sony, but that could work too depending on your preference.

Collapse -
Which receiver/amp would work best with Energy Take Classic
by dx_keeper / November 29, 2012 9:38 AM PST

I am planning on buying the Energy Take Classics as well but not sure which amp would suffice with my budget. I'm looking for something that will pump the speakers in the 200-300 range. Best bang for buck. I keep coming across Denon but i'm kind of a newb...i have the following: xbox, ps3, hd cable, apple tv...i play games, watch movies, and like my music clear and loud (i use spotify for my music)..is there something out there that can fulfill all these within my budget? I've always been a fan of Onkyo but i hear they have hdmi issues down the road (firmware issues)..i'd also like to have 3D as well (when i upgrade my tv)

Also, is the sub on this set self powered or does that also come from the amp? i believe it's a 200 watt amp..Thanks in advance

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.