Windows Vista forum

Question

Which place sell windows vista

by rendy78f9b194 / October 5, 2013 4:57 AM PDT

Hi guys,

I have a laptop installed windows vista original and has a license, but my laptop is broken. I intend to sell licenses vista windows I have. question: where can I sell it and how much can I market?

besides how good deal if you get a buyer. I expect any help, advice or opinions about my problem.

Thank you

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Which place sell windows vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Which place sell windows vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: license
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 5:00 AM PDT

If it's an OEM license that came with the laptop when you bought it, it's tied to the machine and dies with the machine. So then the value is exactly 0.

If it's a retail version, it's not worth much, since nobody wants Vista since Windows 7 came out in 2010.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
And ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 5:02 AM PDT

in your first post you wrote you're a teacher busy starting a computer/laptop/tablet shop. So why not sell it in your own shop?

Kees

Collapse -
laptop damaged (not work)
by rendy78f9b194 / October 5, 2013 5:12 AM PDT
In reply to: And ...

W vista was attached to the laptop.
license means it sticks to the leptop and no one can take it?

Collapse -
May be useful to those witch exact same laptop?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 5:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: license
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 5:20 AM PDT

The fact that it's linked to the hardware is one of the reasons that such an OEM Windows is much cheaper than a retail version that can be moved to another machine.

The other reason is that the OEM is supposed to support it, not Microsoft itself.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
The usual laptop OS license dies with the laptop.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
laptop broken
by rendy78f9b194 / October 5, 2013 5:44 AM PDT

if the software not work can still re install, but I'm referring to not work is because in the slam destroyed by my son.
and I think it is possible only license that can be saved and can be sold (maybe) ... but after reading the replies I was wrong Grin

Collapse -
Parts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 5, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: laptop broken

If you look around Ebay you see folks selling off laptop parts. It may sound incredible but you can find bits that you would never expect to have value to be out there.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.